PDA

View Full Version : new double decker

encantotom
02-26-2012, 10:52 AM
i am in singapore for the weekend. there is an extensive article in the paper about their public bus system (4000 buses strong). you can get a brand new double decker (seats upper and lower) for only $527,000 sing dollars (about $440k us dollars). should i order one for anyone while i am here?

our daughter heather is attending nanyang technological university here and wanted me to ride the bus with her, but we stuck to taxi's...ha

a single story bus is only $367k singaporean.

heather was telling her friends that her dad had a bus (two in fact) and they just couldnt imagine it. just such a completely foreign thought to them to own a bus. theres no place like the usa!

i am off to china in the morning. heather left to go spend a week in the philipines.

i am looking forward to getting back to work on the 02. lots to do yet.

later

tom (bored in singapore)

tuga
02-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Tom,

You're right; the USA is the greatest place on earth. No doubt about it.

What do you have left to do on your '02?

larryweikart
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Tom: I'd be interested in one of those buses only if you would do the conversion! Then I'd know it would be flawless! Tuga, do you really want Tom to tell you? I doubt if his to do list has an ending. Safe travels Tom, call when you return, I'll be heading your way soon.

express1
02-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Tom,

You're right; the USA is the greatest place on earth. No doubt about it.

What do you have left to do on your '02?

How true this is.
Its the Places inside the Great Places that make this Country Special.

One of mine is behind the Steering Wheel of a Newell Coach.
(Any Newell Coach)
I been home less than 3 weeks and feel the need to DRIVE ON!

AVERAGE COST PER MILE TRAVE? 1477

prairieschooner
02-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Hate to brag but our '82 gets _0 miles/Gallon!!!

lbrachfe
02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
This Larry agrees with the other Larry that "I will order one if Tom does the conversion" and of course let's me help a little...