PDA

View Full Version : 110v compressor revamp

encantotom
03-04-2012, 01:10 AM
hi all,

my original junair model 600 compressor was not working good enough. it had a hard time getting up to 100psi. sometimes it would stop before 100psi and it would just get hot.

the junair model 600 is a dental compressor that if you can find one sells for $1100. it is an oil-less compressor. some of the guys have the junair model 6 oil compressor. it is the quietest one by far.

the junair model of302 is the new version of the model 600. it sells for abou $900. has a little better CFM than the model 600. so i patiently waited on ebay for several months to find a good deal on a used one. most are going for 4-500 dollars yet. i got one for $170 shipped. it was a 2002 model year, but looks like it has hardly been used. junair claims a 16,000 hour life on the OF302. it is also a dental compressor or used in medical. the of302 is a continuous duty compressor as well.

i refinished and painted the mount. i mounted it and replumbed the outlets for the compressor and hooked her up.

it works great and is quieter than the old one and has no problem getting up to 100psi.

one more thing done...

tom

fulltiming
03-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Glad to see you are getting some of your new parts installed.

Barry Rooker
03-05-2012, 04:17 AM
When my Jun-Air compressor ran too long & seized up, I replaced it with whatever Newell was using at the time. As a dentist's compressor, my Jun-Air was NOT continuous duty which is why it seized up. Yes, the replacement I installed is continuous duty but NOT quiet. I'll be interested in a continuous duty Jun-Air if my current compressor gives up the ghost.

encantotom
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
i went back and forth between putting the quiet but not continuous duty junair model 6 in and the of302 continuous duty one i did.

newell is now using a thomas compressor. i looked at them as well. as well as the thomas clones that are out there.

tom

RussWhite
03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
My JunAir has been trouble free. The only time I ever know it has been running is when I am outisde near the generator air inlet door and hear the little air exhaust at the end of a cycle. I am approaching two years of full time living. If it fails there will be no debate, I would go back with the same quiet type. Russ