PDA

View Full Version : I now have my Newell - 2001 model

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
03-31-2012, 08:17 PM
I picked up the 2001 Newell in East Texas this week from a great dealer, Motorhomes of Texas. Drove it for the first time today and I'm loving it. I need to learn how to handle that extra 5 feet of length. I am hopeful that this forum will enable me to learn about its various systems. I live in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico, in an American retirement community on the Sea of Cortez.

rheavn
03-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Chester,
Welcome to the forum. There are many friendly & helpful folks on this site that will go out of their way to give you any assistance you will need. There are also several active owners of coaches in your year range. I'm sure you are thrilled as you should be. I moved from a 40 foot coach to a 45 foot Newell and the adjustment was minimal for the length. I found more adjustment to the height. My last coach was 11'9" and my Newell is 13'3". Feel free to ask any question!

encantotom
04-01-2012, 12:08 AM
welcome chester!.

i am still learning my 2002 i got late last year.

tom

Richard and Rhonda
04-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the owner's group.

You will find plenty of help here.

If you have the time, peruse the previous posts, or use the search engine to see types of topics on the forum.

tuga
04-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Welcome Chester, Richard's right, reading older posts can be very informative and entertaining.

Congratulations on YOUR new Newell. I remember when I bought my first one, all I wanted to do was drive and drive. I can picture the inside of that coach just like it was yesterday. Actually, it was 20 years ago. Boy I really liked that '87; for a 40' w/o slides it sure was roomy and comfortable.

Oh well, enjoy!

fulltiming
04-02-2012, 02:05 AM
Welcome Chester. Being based out of Mexico, I know you will benefit from this forum.