PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Carpeted Panel at Driver Position

prestadude
04-08-2012, 07:28 PM
I need to remove the vertical carpeted panel beneath the steering wheel. The panel has a slot cut in it for the brake pedal arm. Per chance, is it held in place similarly to the panel on the passenger side behind which are a number of 12 volt fuses (that I can get off)? I just purchased a VMSPC and it seems like behind this panel will be the best place to mount the unit.

rheavn
04-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Tim,
That panel has a small clip at the bottom & a detent ball clip on top. Put your fingers over the top & pull toward yourself. You will hear the detent ball release. Now work it up and back toward yourself & remove. Reassemble in reverse.

RussWhite
04-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Tim,

Steve did a great job of describing how to remove the panel.

I would be interested in pictures of how you chose to layout the screen and where you mounted the display if you have the time to do that.

Thanks,

Russ

prestadude
04-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks rheavn, I will give it a try sometime this week. Russ, I plan on preparing a post once I get the install done. It will show what you are asking about. Likely will happen within a month although everything I do on this rig seems to take longer than I estimate.