PDA

View Full Version : Newell Recalls?

marathon man
12-30-2006, 02:36 AM
I am considering buying a Newell Coach and was wondering if there are or have been any recalls to consider on the newer coaches? Thanks for any info.

HereWeGo
12-30-2006, 03:26 AM
This is the only one I recall at the moment, there may be others, but few knowing the way Newell builds there coaches. I am sure that most all of the coaches qualifying for this particular recall have been taken care of by Newell. Anyone looking to buy any Newells built during this time frame should make sure that the seller is aware of and had this issue resolved.

Suspension: Independent Front Attaching Mechanisms on Newell's manufactured from February 1997 to August 1998.

Motor homes equipped with Dana suspensions. A machining operation was omitted from the suspension pivot arm. The downward suspension travel will be restricted and interference can occur between the pivot arm and the upper wishbone. If left unattended, it can result in deformation and cracking of the upper wishbone casting. Dealers will replace the upper wishbones that have any signs of metal to metal contact and all pivot arms will need to be modified whether or not they show signs of metal contact. Owner notification is expected to begin January 22, 1999. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact:

Newell: 1-918-542-3344