PDA

View Full Version : #385 New Newell owners

birddog1
04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Hello, My name is Jodie and wife Angela Reece son Grayson and daughter Ginger. We just purchased a 1995 newell coach and love it. looking forward to some great vacations.:laugh:

rheavn
04-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Jodie & Angela,
Congratulations on your new coach. I'm sure you are as thrilled with your Newell as we are with ours. If you need any assistance feel free to ask as there are many helpful & friendly folks on the forum.

encantotom
04-26-2012, 03:19 PM
hi jodie and angela,

welcome to the gang.

richard entrekin is the wizard of 95's.....

looking forward to hearing more about your coach.

tom

tuga
04-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Jodie & Angela,

Congratulations on your new Newell. 1995 was a great year for Newells; it marked the beginning of use of the series 60 Detroil Diesel.

When you have a little time fill in your signature line with year and coach # along with any other info you care to post. It is helpful whenever you post a question about your coach. If we know the year model etc. it is easier for us to answer your questions.

Good luck and we are glad to have you in the Newell Family.

fulltiming
04-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I will echo the previous posts. I think you will find that not only is the Newell a terrific coach but Newell owners are some of the most friendly, helpful folks around. The Newell community is always willing to help out. Welcome!

Richard and Rhonda
04-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey Jodie,

Welcome to the gang. Everyone is always happy to help.

Would you mind sharing location, and the story behind how you decided on a Newell.

This forum, or should I say the gals and guys on it, are priceless.

birddog1
05-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi everbody we live in Lawton,Oklahoma boomer sooner. we bought this coach last summer in north east oklahoma. thought it was a big enough coach for us we have soon learned that are two nephews want to travel also so we are going to try and sell coach and buy a bigger one. were it will be possible for them to go also. thanks

fulltiming
05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
How old are your nephews? Depending on your furniture arrangements in the Salon (1 couch or two) it might work but if they are very old, you probably would be better off with at least a couple of slides for sanity-sake.

You might list your '95 on the Classified section of this site. Going up to a coach with slides in a Newell will require you to move up several model years ('98 or '99).

birddog1
05-09-2012, 01:19 AM
My nephews are 13 and 17 I have 2 couches in salon that make into nice bed for 3 but not 4 and i need some sanity traveling with a 11 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son and a 13 yr old nephew and 17 yr old nephew crazy world here.

HoosierDaddy
05-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Hi Jodie,
My '93 45' Newell was an entertainer coach...It has six bunks plus the salon couch and a rear bedroom queen....Lots of room to sleep but not a lot of room for anything else!
Dean

James and Carol
05-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Hello Newell owners! We just purchased a 2008 #1242 to replace our Monaco Signature. We are so excited - planning to full-time January 1st, 2013. Just sold 3 houses and in process of disposing STUFF and moving to temporary housing for next 7-1/2 months at The Mayo Hotel in Tulsa, OK. That in itself is an experience. Looking forward to our new life and making new friends! We will spend the next several months winding down, fine-tuning our plans, selling the Signature and saying goodby to family and friends.

HoosierDaddy
05-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Welcome James and Carol. Stop in when you come by!!!
Dean

fulltiming
05-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Welcome!! We went through the things you are/will experience 12 years ago when we sold our home of 15 years and started a 10+ year adventure of full-timing. Keep us up to date on how things are going. I know will find the experience pleasurable in your Newell.

rheavn
05-12-2012, 12:19 AM
James & Carol,
Welcome to the Newell forum. You sound like we were when we purchased our Newell. After two years it is the best decision we have ever made. The second best was joining the forum. Good luck with your new coach!

Summersgal
05-12-2012, 12:29 PM
James and Carol

Congrats!! And welcome to a great forum! Everyone here is ready to help...so ask those questions.

Pam

chockwald
05-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Welcome James and Carol......one of the best things about Newell ownership are the new friends you will welcome into your life. This group is amazing. We started our multi year odyssey January 31st and so far have visited the homes of 5 Newell owners on our travels, and just missed meeting another one who was only 40 miles away when we were in Cheyenne a few days ago. We met a 6th owner while we were overnighting at the Walmart Supercenter in Macon, GA. And while we were staying at "foliver's" (Forest and Cindy Olivier) in Louisiana we met with Tuga Gaidry and Matt Rossi....so that's 8 Newell owners we have spent time with on our trip.