PDA

View Full Version : city horn and alarm

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
06-11-2012, 06:36 PM
My alarm system does not work and the city horn does not blow when the dash switch is engaged. I cannot find an auto type 12v horn and I cannot find a fuse for the alarm system. My primary interest it to be able to use the manual panic alarm in the bedroom. Perhaps someone can tell me where to look for the horn, and how to repair the alarm system. I have turned on the external key switch and piano switch in the galley, but nothing works. Ideas will be appreciated.

rheavn
06-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Chester,
The horn, on my coach, is an air horn that is located under the left front area.

folivier
06-11-2012, 11:49 PM
On my 1993 the air horn is located under the front left area and city horn is located under the front right area. Both are in front of the front wheels.

tuga
06-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Chester,

A call to Newell Coach service department will answer your questions. 1-888-9NEWELL.

Good luck and congratulations on your beautiful Newell. I looked at that coach for a long time; love the paint scheme and the low miles. Nice ride!

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
06-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks to all for the response. I found the city horn under the curb side front bumper. Looks like the relay may be faulty, but at least I have someplace to start.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
06-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Yep, it was the relay. Now everything I can find works. It's time to put it on the road so something else will need to be fixed.