PDA

View Full Version : Window issues

Trent Bauer
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
I have had my Newell stored for quite some time and have been getting ready to take it on a trip in a couple of months. I seem to have a problem with a couple of the sliding side windows not wanting to open and this is the first time having this kind of trouble. I tried pulling on the silver latch as I normally do and two won't budge! Any suggestions? Is there something I can spray on them???????

fulltiming
01-15-2007, 02:40 AM
You might try some spray silicon lubricant on the tracks and around the seals both inside and outside.

Trent Bauer
01-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try tomorrow. It looks like I screwed up one of the windows since now a crack has showed up since I messed with it a couple of days ago. The crazy thing is the crack was not there until today. Darn....

Trent Bauer
01-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Well the silicon spray did work. It looks as if I need to replace the old felt liners. I wonder if it's best to pull all the windows out to replace everything. I am thinking about resealing all the window frames. Does anyone know if there is a best procedure of doing this process?