PDA

View Full Version : New Paint Job! for the 1988 model

AW Smith
07-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Hey, Guys check out the new paint job.. I think you guys will like it! Old vs New

Thanks AWS

86loco
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
That is a really really great improvement.

Could you share a little more details of what you did? Like how much stuff did you remove, how far down did it get sanded, how many coats of what and if it is clear coated or not etc. Did you do the roof also?

Thanks for sharing!

NewellCrazy
07-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Very nice design and color coordination. Really love seeing the classic coaches given so much pride to become ones joy!:thumbup:

AW Smith
07-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Tom, I had James over at Xtreme RV painting in Nachadoghes, Texas do the job.. He use to head up the Foretravel painting, but still paints all the Outlaw Prevost new rigs. He is awsome! We took in down to bare aluminum, and sprayed a base coat, then the paint colors, and two layers of clear. Lots of layers had about 10K and just paint. The 1st layer of clear coat gets sanded down so you can not feel the other paint designs. Then the last clear coat to makes it all pop! We did paint the roof silver to cut down on the heat because I live in Texas, it also was clear coated as well. We took all the hardware of the coach before painting expensive step but well worth it.. the designs are painted not stickers so it has a 4 paint color combo. It took them about 45 days to do. We wanted a clean look but not too crazy.. I like the way it turned out, alot more curb appeal. Take a look at their web site and you can see some of the other coaches he has done. Thanks for the compliments.
AWS

fulltiming
07-11-2012, 04:05 AM
Looks great. You made a great coach even better.

larryweikart
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
That is a really great looking paint job. Congrats!

my38special
07-13-2012, 09:13 PM
AW,

Beautiful paint job. By firstly removing the hardware and sanding down to bare aluminum, it sounds like it was really "done right", as well. My only "complaint" is, being that I'm the owner of a Classic in desperate need of a paint job, I need more photos! I would love to see many more angles and close-ups. Again, well done. It looks fantastic.

- Pat

lbrachfe
07-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Looks great !

tuga
07-13-2012, 11:57 PM
AW,

Beautiful paint job! You know, this just goes to show you that these Newells when properly cared for will last an awful long time. I mean this is a 1988 model (25 model years old) and it is in excellent condition inside and out!

I don't think I will ever replace mine: I am just going to drive it until the wheels fall off! And then, I'll bring it to Newell Coach and have new wheels put on!

Long story short - this is my last coach! When I sell this one, I'll be hanging up the keys for good!

89Classic
07-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Hi, so you mind sharing your cost and/or budget for the paint work? Thanks.

89Classic
07-14-2012, 02:29 AM
A job well done!

bluesky
07-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Yes, very well done. Great graphics. Similar in some ways to our '83 Classic.

AW Smith
07-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks to All, Glenn I really loved the design of your coach.. I loved the way yours does look with the classic but modern paint design so I started with a similar design with some changes added from other new coaches we also liked. Your rig gave us the assurance that the design would be so perfect.. So we put the computer to work and the design came alive!.. Took us a while to talk ourselves into it do to the cost, However it gave us the curb appeal we wanted without droping a 1M..LOL It has been a fun project. We are still working on the inside renovations.. so much to do, just to get everything working. Do you really ever get everything working?? I guess when you do!! its time to get another one like Tom..and start over.. LOL

Neweller
07-23-2012, 09:44 PM
We have a new category of classic going on here! And that is to say the least. If I wasn't recovering from a hernia, I might do a back flip. I'm in love with both of those souped classic's you folks are sporting. Heck, next we'll see one of them down at the drags as a wheelie stander. They are already rear engine.:thumbsup:

NeverEnding
07-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Your 88 looks great with that new paint job! Well done you'd never know it was an 88 Newell coach if you saw it on the road.

Hugo
08-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Oh very nice paint job you had done on your coach.

FJGuard
08-11-2012, 07:32 PM
A job well done in deed. It's a awesome transformation! Not very often that you see an older coach with such a sharp look!

Nasser
08-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Breath taking!

Cheri Smith
08-16-2012, 12:49 AM
such a beautiful coach you have. i like what you did!

AW Smith
08-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Thank YOU All for all the KIND words.. It is a fun project!

AWS