PDA

View Full Version : Ripples in the aluminum and Sag?

Newell Attack
01-01-2006, 05:10 AM
My wife and I are new owners of a 1978 newel classic we have owned the coach for a little over 2 months. Done a little traveling and I recently noticed that the coach appears to be sagging in the rear. At the rear wheel wells there are ripples in the aluminum and I am a little worried about it. The coach has a 6v92 Turbo Diesel Silver Series engine. Does anyone know what would cause the ripples in the aluminum over the rear wheel wells and a little sag?

Thank You,
Jeff

dohnesorge
01-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Has your coach run in salt or any other conditions that might cause the frame and supports to rust over the years?? Your description does not sound good. We looked at several classic bus coaches that had rear frame and engine cages rebuilt due to internal rusting of the steel members. I hope that it turns out to be something simpler than this.

Good luck,
David

Erika
01-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Is it possible that the coach may have had a little rear damage at one time? Have you measured the the height of the frame at different points from the ground? I would do some checking and look for rust as stated by David above. I would do the measuring with the suspension in the full height position. You will also have to consider about the suspension being accurate or not. If you see some measurement issues or serious rust then it would be a chance of possible sag. I have seen a few Newells with wrinkling sides and they were not rust buckets. Hope I may have shed some thought on this for you.

Newell Attack
01-05-2006, 05:00 AM
You know I think I might have over done it. It's not sagging after I measured it, it was just the appearence but newellclassic I think you might be right. It is very possible it was hit in the rear. I think I will take it in and have a professional look at it. I still have the issue with the ripples in the aluminum and the weird thing is that it is over both rear wheel wells only. Any Ideas?

Jeff

rottenfred
11-26-2006, 05:29 PM
You might want to check your rivets. under the molding above the wheel wells. I found that mine where mostly sheared off. rottenfred