PDA

View Full Version : black water holding tank bacteria solution?

The Newell
08-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Wondering what the best thing is to put in the holding tank.

I would much rather have an entirely natural, "bacteria" microbe type thing going on in the tank than just try to cover the smell.

Are all brands the same or are some better than others?

Newell Attack
08-06-2012, 12:18 AM
I would try RIDEX and it is avilable at most hardware stores or walmarts .

lbrachfe
08-06-2012, 03:29 AM
newell suggests you use NOTHING in the holding tanks, but if you must and want a natuaral product that works well try Century (travel jon)Concentrate waste digestive powder. It breaks down paper,grease, residue and the obvious.

tuga
08-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I pour a quart clorox down the sink AFTER I have dumped my sewer tank. Then I wash a load of towels using hot soapy water. Next time we use the coach this mixture is sloshed around and the sewer tank is cleaned. The clorox kills the bacteria and the odor dies with the bacteria.

If your wife is like mine, she doesn't believe that so we use Always Fresh in addition to the above.

prairieschooner
08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I like to put the Ice from the Icemaker into the Holding Tank through the Toilet. It will slosh around and tries to break loose anything that is sitting on the bottom of the Tank.
There was an electronic thingy that zapped the fluids but it may have been disconnected when the new Tank was installed (at Newell). I am told that there are no parts for the thingy anymore.