PDA

View Full Version : Where can the 102" wide Newells go?

Ramblin Ron
08-08-2012, 10:11 PM
I have heard rumor that there are some states that do now allow 102" wide coaches. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so what states and / or roads. I don't own a 102 wide as of now but you never know what the future holds

Thanks,

Ron

The Newell
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Hello Ron,

Yes, To my knowledge there are states which do not allow 102" wide big trucks on local routes, but in a private coach they shouldn't give you a hard time, at least I have not heard of such a thing and I have many friends that full time rv.

tuga
08-09-2012, 12:13 AM
I don't think you will ever have a problem with the 102" width. You can check the January issue of FMC magazine. That issue usually has each state's laws: width, length, etc.

I don't know if you are aware of it but the maximum length for a motorcoach is 45' in all 57 states (according to our President) yet Newell has built several "european" coaches that are 47' long! No problems so far!

fulltiming
08-09-2012, 06:04 AM
The Interstate Highway system is governed by federal rules which allow 102" width. Get off the interstate and things can. As of a couple of years ago Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan (unimproved county roads only), New York (except qualifying or access highways and interstates), New Jersey and Oregon (some exceptions) had 8' maximum limits if you leave the interstate highway system. California limits many/most of their highways (again non Interstates) to no more than 40' length for motorhomes.