PDA

View Full Version : ocean view rv resort sothern california?

Will Procter
08-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I have very recently purchased a Newell and the first place on the agenda according to the boss is taking the newly acquired motor home down to southern California to find a beach view. Does anyone know of a rv park that offers ocean views.

If the boss isn't happy, I'm not happy ;)

William

prairieschooner
08-09-2012, 04:14 PM
We dry camp in Ventura on the Rincon Parkway. BUT it will not hold a 45 Footer. There are some other places in Ventura that look interesting, check Woodalls

fulltiming
08-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Ocean views from a site large enough to hold a Newell are not as common as one would like in Southern California. Newport Dunes RV Resort in Newport Beach has some 45' sites that face the Bay Back lagoon and beach. Chula Vista RV Resort and Marina in Chula Vista (San Diego) has sites that overlook the bay and the park next to the bay. There are a number of State Parks up and down the coast but some of them have no hook ups and some are limited to coaches that are 38' or shorter. Shame because some of those ARE on the beach overlooking the Pacific Ocean. There is Malibu Beach RV Park, north of LA that is on a cliff overlooking the Pacific. They have a few spaces that will accommodate a 45'. As long as the fog isn't blocking the view, it can be beautiful. Further up the coast is Ocean Mesa Campground in Santa Barbara. I haven't stayed there but they so have some 50' long spaces.

prairieschooner
08-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Just a heads up here, I checked on Ocean Mesa Campground in Santa Barbara and they are $90.00 per night. A little rich for me, I'll have to stay Dry-Camping!

chockwald
08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Steve I think the end to end dry camping spots on Rincon are at least 50' long......