PDA

View Full Version : Using the newell as an air compressor

GringoPhil
08-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Well I thought I had a great idea - to use the air valve on my newell for occasional air uses if necessary. Maybe even in an emergency situation as well. I tested it at home, and it worked great.

We were out with some friends and I thought I'd show off how cool this was. Well, I plugged in my hose to the fitting, told my friend "watch this", then I turned the valve. Exactly NOTHING happened. Undecided I took all hoses off the valve. Said "watch this" again. Ahem, still nothing...

my newell was at about 90 LBS. pressure. What gives?

Any thoughts?

tuga
08-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Gringo,

What were you trying to pump up?

Was the engine running at high idle?

If it was a tire that had 90# of air in it already that is about all the air you can put in it without the use of an air doubler. An air doubler is a device that allows you to inflate a tire up to about 130 to 140 psi. You can find them on eBay or Newell Coach will install one for you. Just tell them to send the bill to Matt Russo (express1).

express1
08-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks Tuga, I've got enough stuff being sent to me:o. But if you really need it... go ahead. My address is 102 lakjul;ehnb;a';ei. having keyboard proppkkbmens

larryweikart
08-11-2012, 12:15 PM
My air pressure from the engine compressor shows 130psi on my dash gauge and I've been able to air up all my tires with little problem. There is an adjustment on the engine air compressor if necessary.