PDA

View Full Version : need to replace blower motor on 8v92

Dom Ferris
08-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Had the coach serviced today and I was told that the blower on my engine needs replaced. Can someone please tell me which is the best a mini bypass, 100% or standard blower i have a standard on it now the engine is 475 hp thanks for any help

Dom Ferris

ccjohnson
08-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Ouch! We had ours replaced at Rush Truck Center in Las Cruces, NM. Was about 2 1/2 weeks & 5K. After that experience I would recommend a Detroit Deisel dealership that has experience on motorcoaches.

Neweller
08-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Dom, I sent you an email with the info of a friend who should have what you need. Let me know if it works out or not.

Best of Luck!

Ken

Dom Ferris
08-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks Ken,

Got the info and part is ordered.

ccjohnson: This one just hurt the pocket book :o oh well nothing a little scenic travels can't fix.:)

Dom Ferris

fulltiming
08-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Clint, that is a real shame since Stewart Stevenson is right down the road in El Paso. They are MUCH cheaper.

ccjohnson
08-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Clint, that is a real shame since Stewart Stevenson is right down the road in El Paso. They are MUCH cheaper.

We have taken the coach to Stewart Stevenson in El Paso to have transmission serviced and get jake brake repaired. On the jake, they pulled valve covers & discovered it had been unplugged. Was a $165 repair, quite a nice surprise compared to most diesel repairs. We would definitely recommend them.