PDA

View Full Version : Head light Bulbs

Kirk and Mary
08-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I was thinkin to change my headlight bulbs to get a better view of things at night, can someone recomend a brand? i dont want a hid style cause it seems hard to see at night if its raining, so i just want to change the bulb itself... brand names please and also if you know where aI can pick up a pair it would be greatly appreciated

Neweller
08-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi Kirk and Mary, my recommendation would be to go with either a PIAA Intense White bulb 4100k or a Sylvania Silver Star Ultra-High performance is a 4000K. Both great choices and long lasting bulbs both in the neutral white lighting range which is really optimum without spending the big dollars of HID and safe for your wiring especially if your coach is an older model. The PIAA is my favorite but costs about 10 bucks more. You can find both usually available at a major auto parts store or order online at Amazon.

Ken

folivier
08-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Kirk, do a search here. There is a lot of information about installing relays for the lights. It seems there is a voltage drop from the headlight switch to the lights and unless you correct that using heavier wire and relays you won't see any real difference between bulbs.

FJGuard
08-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Kirk and Mary try taking a look at this post http://newellclassic.com/forum/showthread.php/785-Update-on-Headlight-Upgrade-Project?highlight=headlight+bulbs