PDA

View Full Version : Super Single Tires?

Dom Ferris
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Anyone tried running Super Singles instead of duals? I have thought about but not sure if it can be done on a Newell.

Neweller
08-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Dom, not sure if any Newell owners have done it yet and don't know if the Newell factory would condone or condemn the idea. But I have seen a newer Prevost Quad and Tour bus with them.

Ken

Retired63
08-18-2012, 05:34 PM
My concern would be if you had a flat, It could be real hard to get a jack under there.

The Newell
08-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Super single tires are primaraly aimed at trucks that are weight sensitive-like concrete mixers, fuel tankers- or with long haul truckers that need to maximize the fuel economy. NOT for motor homes. Stick with the dual tires in the rear for safety. If one of those big super singles blew on the rear, it would most likely cause loss of vehicle control-translated a wreck.

afrench45
08-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I have seen these huge tires in passenger coaches, and a few entertainers before. I believe they are 435s if memory serves correctly. A Vantare employee told me that they won't ever change to them, because it does not give the load range needed for coaches that have multiple slide rooms. That is why they have only been used on a few Prevost buses n

Dom Ferris
08-19-2012, 08:26 PM
thank you all for your replies I will pass on the super single idea.

lbrachfe
08-19-2012, 09:58 PM
If it was a good idea than Newell would have done it already !

Neweller
08-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Larry, you are probably correct seeings Newell is the truest innovator in the rving industry. I can see using them on a semi where you have tandem axles etc.. I always wondered how much of a bang they would put off and if on a coach what kind of damage could be created.:o

Ken

express1
08-20-2012, 12:15 AM
If it was a good idea than Newell would have done it already !
Kinda like slides?