PDA

View Full Version : Leveling systems....

67 Goat
08-20-2008, 10:56 PM
What has been the choice pick for leveling systems? I am currently runny an electric leveling foot system with my original non-controllable bags, but have been thinking of converting over to a full air bag system with a level controller...

I have heard that the air systems tend to bleed off quickly unless you have a really good system setup. What brands seem to be the best for air? and what would be a good price on a complete setup?

Thanks.....

Neweller
08-21-2008, 03:36 PM
The available range of the air suspension system is limited, generally 4-5 inches max. They work in most situations, but occasionally you find yourself on a site that places you out of their range of operation. Another advantage to the air is that you have only one system to maintain.

On the other hand, the electric jacks that I've seen are not adequately rated to handle the weight of a full size coach like a Newell, especially the rear, even though the range of the jacks is greater than that of air springs. The big negative here that I see is having another system to maintain, providing the jacks will handle the weight. To me, hydraulic has the same drawback; just something else to maintain when you can do an adequate job with what the bus was equipped with.

Barthman
08-22-2008, 12:53 AM
I vote for the air bags set up. With jacks you can only level by raising the coach. Sometimes puts the front end way up in the air. Using air bags, you usually lower the coach to level. Yes, there is a little movement with air bags and tires. But isn't to a point where it would be uncomfortable.

SharkRacing
08-22-2008, 11:16 PM
We have had our airbag leveling system for years now and it will stay up for months at a time. We have a manual system with 4) air ride seat valves and 4) 100 psi gauges, without the original automatic suspension valves. When we eliminated the suspension valves our leaks went away. we have 7" of travel on the rear and about 6" on the front. We have never been in a situation where we have not been able to get comfortably level, I'm not saying we were always perfectly level, but we were comfortable. With airbag leveling you will still feel some motion as people move around inside the Newell or in a strong wind, but that has never bothered us too much. With the electric jacks you would have better stability when parked.