PDA

View Full Version : Electric Heaters in 1986 Newell

86loco
03-19-2009, 02:09 AM
I went through that recall with Square D on our 1986 Newell. Square D paid a good part of the costs. It is possible that they are still doing so. If you are interested, I will dig out contact information for Square D.

The new heaters they sent are more narrow than the originals. Furthermore, they are wired for an electric entrance on the right of the heater (as you look at it), whereas the old ones had their electric entrance on the left. Rerouting was not too difficult, but there were a few tricks involved. Again, if you decide to use these newer heaters, I will send you my experiences.

Neweller
03-22-2009, 07:15 AM
86loco, that is fantastic you got taken care of on your Newell heater. I wish I would have done that on both my '76 and '78 Newell's. I bet a lot of folks would like to know about this. Then I'm sure some may have missed out and replaced the old defective one's on their own. I had problems with a couple of mine and I ended up cleaning them real good and got the to start working again.

Ken

Jack Fouts
10-14-2010, 07:26 PM
What a sweet deal. You really lucked out. I checked and they won't do it any longer.