PDA

View Full Version : Your New Car — Smaller, Safer, and Smarter Than You?

Neweller
08-26-2012, 09:32 PM
The buzz at the Detroit Auto Show for 2012 was small cars are now sexy again. Would you envision hauling one of these on the back of your sexy Newell Coach? Maybe?

larryweikart
08-27-2012, 12:06 AM
We have a Smart car and have been in contact with a Prevost owner who hauls his on a double sized reese motorcycle rack. It sits sideways and is actually 6" over the 81/2', but who could tell. No backing up problems whatsoever.

NeverEnding
08-28-2012, 11:37 PM
The buzz at the Detroit Auto Show for 2012 was small cars are now sexy again. Would you envision hauling one of these on the back of your sexy Newell Coach? Maybe?

It's small enough!

NeverEnding
08-28-2012, 11:39 PM
We have a Smart car and have been in contact with a Prevost owner who hauls his on a double sized reese motorcycle rack. It sits sideways and is actually 6" over the 81/2', but who could tell. No backing up problems whatsoever.

Nice little smart car! No backing up problems? I wouldn't think so. Larry, how does it feel going from driving the Newell and then getting in driving the smart car?

larryweikart
08-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Well Tom it is a little bit of a change but we love that little car. We live on an island and when we're home most of our driving is to one of two cities, each about 10 miles down the road. I can drive to town for a buck and it is actually a blast to drive. They have paddle shift and are very quick. When i drove the Navigator I could almost drive the Newell to town for bout the same amount of $$. By the way, when are you getting off your butt and getting that Newell? (no pressure,:))

Neweller
08-29-2012, 07:33 PM
How about one of these little Mercedes Benz. They may get built in the same plant as the little Smarty!

larryweikart
08-29-2012, 10:01 PM
That may very well be Neweller. When we visited a Smart dealer in Germany, before the Smart came to the good ol USA, they also had a very sporty model like your pic. Nice little buggy!

Randy J
08-29-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm liking these little rides. Nice little Mercedes Benz. Cute smart car Larry! I need Randy to buy me one of these. Esp. since he won't budge on a Vespa! lol!

Leeann

Ron Skeen
08-31-2012, 12:56 AM
I am modifying the ramp on the rear of the coach to accommodate the RZR but I think that it would carry a smart car if the axle weight works. The ramp will be 56" x 96 and should carry at least 2,000 lb. 2691

Ron Skeen
08-31-2012, 01:12 AM
This was when I had a ramp for my 1989 Classic which would haul Golf Cart, Goldwing, ATV or anything that fits on 4'x8' platform. 2692

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
08-31-2012, 03:40 AM
I am modifying the ramp on the rear of the coach to accommodate the RZR but I think that it would carry a smart car if the axle weight works. The ramp will be 56" x 96 and should carry at least 2,000 lb. 2691

WOW! Nice toys Ron!

08-31-2012, 03:41 AM
This was when I had a ramp for my 1989 Classic which would haul Golf Cart, Goldwing, ATV or anything that fits on 4'x8' platform. 2692

Pretty 89 classic you owned. When did you make the upgrade to the 96?

Ron Skeen
08-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I went to the 96 in Oct of 2005. This picture was made at the Hatfield McCoy Trailfrest back in 2004. I did a lot of updates on the 89 and really enjoyed the coach which I purchase in 2002 after thinking I want a Prevost. I purchase the 89 from Marathon in Dallas. I bought the 96 and still had the 89 so I put them both up for sale and sold the 89 the first week. If you will send me your email I will send you some pictures. My email is ron@skeenrentals.com

NeverEnding
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Well Tom it is a little bit of a change but we love that little car. We live on an island and when we're home most of our driving is to one of two cities, each about 10 miles down the road. I can drive to town for a buck and it is actually a blast to drive. They have paddle shift and are very quick. When i drove the Navigator I could almost drive the Newell to town for bout the same amount of $$. By the way, when are you getting off your butt and getting that Newell? (no pressure,:))

Larry we are still dreaming! Hopefully, we'll be making a trip out to the factory soon. Waiting for the heat to ease up. If there were any in our area to check out we would have been on that. Donna is coordinating for the holidays, my idea of a holiday would be us in a coach for Christmas! Realistically, we are planning a trip to the Newell factory in November or early spring of next year. No, pressure? :o :D We still have time our goal is to be proud newell owners by fall of next year! :thumbsup:

09-05-2012, 10:39 PM
I went to the 96 in Oct of 2005. This picture was made at the Hatfield McCoy Trailfrest back in 2004. I did a lot of updates on the 89 and really enjoyed the coach which I purchase in 2002 after thinking I want a Prevost. I purchase the 89 from Marathon in Dallas. I bought the 96 and still had the 89 so I put them both up for sale and sold the 89 the first week. If you will send me your email I will send you some pictures. My email is ron@skeenrentals.com

Ron my email is millerraymond756@yahoo.com . You can email me anytime or PM me here. You might want to post the pictures here on the forum. Others seemed to enjoy what you have shared.

After we sold our class C and started looking into a more luxurious bus we also considered a Prevost but we're glad we ended up with a Newell. It's been 6 years and we still love our 87 but we always keep an eye out. Never know when we might come across that steal of a deal.