PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing head lights when driving on interstate

Ramblin Ron
08-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Okay guys, I got my batteries figured out just a dead one which has since been replaced but now my headlights are pulsating in the same fashion as some motorcycles do when I'm at freeway speeds. Not sure what this issue is But at idle they were fine.

Any ideas??

Ron

Neweller
08-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Ron, it sounds as if you have a grounding issue of some kind. Grounds are lot to do with our 12 volt issues on these beautiful beasts. There is either a wire loose or a corrosive issue on a contact point. When your idling you are not jarring the connection like when your cruising around and bumping/vibrating the connections. This is my first hunch. Maybe start going over some of the connection and cleaning anything that appears corroded. On the older coaches it can be a ongoing problem unless you go over everything at once and get it out of your way. I like to lube up any connection exposed to moisture and dirt.

The voltage regulator could be a culprit as M.D. mention in your other post. Keep us up to date on your progress.

Ken

The Newell
08-30-2012, 05:41 PM
What size gauge is your battery wire? You might try a nice new heavy gauge battery wire from the battery directly to the terminal on the voltage regulator.