PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Waste Tank Rebuilding Thoughts

67 Goat
03-07-2001, 03:08 AM
I'm planning to build a new black/grey water tank for my '78 Newell. A friend told me that the original tanks that Newell made were of 1/8" mild steel. If I build a tank of mild steel I'm thinking of trying to coat the inside to resist corrosion. Does anybody know if Newell did anything on the original tanks or if I should coat this one. Anybody got any suggestions for what to coat it with?

Thanks, Dean

TechTalk
03-07-2001, 02:32 PM
We suggest that you avoid a mild steel tank and have a new tank fabricated from polypropylene sheet material. Newell discontinued mild steel tanks and began using polypropylene in around 1980 to prevent corrosion failures in these tanks. Because of the labor involved, polypropylene tanks are expensive, but they have the potential of lasting a lifetime.

John Clark
03-28-2001, 04:23 PM
For polypropylene waste tanks, you might call Ardemco in Costa Mesa CA, 1 800 253 0115. They have hundreds of tank sizes.

JohnC

Neweller
04-18-2003, 05:56 AM
I'm definitely a proponent of the polypropylene tanks. They are tough enough to put in the ground then they should hold up to the elements in the bay of a Newell. No more rusting metal tanks to rot and leak causing even more destruction to the belly's of our basements. I have to replace the floor eventually in my coach and when I do that will be the time to add a poly tank with dump valves on both sides of the coach. I have access to brand new surplus tanks of all sizes if anyone is interested. The price will be from $50-150.00 for gray or black.

Ken

Newell Attack
03-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Hi Ken, do you by chance have anymore of those tanks as I could use one or two and would be happy to cover any shipping to my address?

Neweller
03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi Jeff, I do have a few laying around and if those sizes won't work for you, I have a friend who has a lot of them but he may want a little more for them. Is your email good we have listed for you? I'll send you a list of the sizes I have and we can go from there.

Ken

Newell Attack
03-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Yes, that email is valid. I look forward to the information..

Newell Attack
04-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Ken, I wanted to let you know I received the two tanks today by truck and they look great. You are awesome man! Thank you again.