PDA

View Full Version : A/C Trouble?

Retired63
08-30-2012, 11:12 PM
The strangest thing recently occurred with my ac units.

I noticed the other night that the rear unit would not turn off, despite the fact that the back of the coach was like a meat locker. I pushed the thermostat up and as it reached about 90 degrees on the markings, the unit turned off. I waited and it cycled on again for a few moments and turned off. I thought I would just shut it off and try to determine if there was a problem. If I put the thermostat on about 75, the unit just continues to run continuously regardless of what temperature is reached.

I turned on the front unit and to my utter shock and amazement, it started doing the very same thing. Regardless of the temperature, it continues to run. If I push the thermostat up into the 90 range, it turns off, but then recycles every few minutes.

The units were both working perfectly, cooling and cycling in a normal manner with no indication of problems whatsoever. Just what in the heck could have caused this type of malfunction to suddenly start occurring with both units almost simultaneously???????

Any ideas?

thanks,

Retired63

NewellCrazy
08-31-2012, 12:25 AM
One item to check is your house batteries. While things like A/C and fridges run on 120v-AC, often times the controller runs on 12v-DC. Depending on how your house on wheels is wired, a good working convertor still may not compensate for bad house batteries. Problems beyond your wildest dreams can be caused by bad house batteries.

Sean

The Newell
09-01-2012, 05:35 PM
If it is a 5 button digital thermostat, look in your manual on how to reset the thermostat back to its defaults.