PDA

View Full Version : 4 channel ABS anti-skid control braking system?

Randy J
08-31-2012, 04:24 AM
How many of you have had coaches with ABS and without? I don't have it on my coach. Just wanted to know if there was a big difference?

Newell Tank
08-31-2012, 07:29 PM
We have had both systems on a Newell. The ABS comes in handy when you are in heavy traffic and some yeh hoo hits his brakes in front of you basically just like in a car. A couple of times driving in the rain through puddles the brakes were wet and it scared the heck out of me as they responded a little differently. Other than this I don't know a lot about them.

Randy J
09-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Gene.

77newell
09-04-2012, 07:58 PM
My 77 coach came with ABS though it's so old it no longer function

Jon 77 coach

MarkofSJC
10-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Ever seen those long pair of tire skids leading up to an intersection? Those are the rear wheels of a tractor trailers that are very lightly loaded, locking up. ABS makes a huge difference for large coaches like ours, as the weight on each individual tire can vary by far more than a car. It maximizes the ability of each tire to stop the coach to the limits of the tire's adheasion to the ground. Plus it make sure the front steering tire continue to spin and turn the coach in the desired direction. I wouldn't own a coach without them.

Mark