PDA

View Full Version : Air actuated grease gun

Twins
09-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Do any members have recommendations for a good one for twice a year use?

I found one at Harbor Freight tools for 13.99

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
09-02-2012, 04:09 PM
I have purchased two of these and neither worked well.

The Newell
09-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I have an air greaser. If you don't use it very often and your vehicle only has a few zerks then it's more bother to drag out the air hose and wrestle with it under there than it's worth. I found it was less work just to use the manual one when needed

Newell Attack
09-02-2012, 06:04 PM
At $13.99, that gun looks like a really good deal. The very same gun, going under a number of different names normally sells for 2X that price. The one I have is a Campbell Hausfeld:

It works pretty good, and gets the job done. It doesn't work very well with cold grease, because it doesn't feed up into the head of the gun grease very effectively. The trade off would be to have a stronger spring to force the grease up through the cartridge, but it's already difficult enough loading a cartridge with the current spring. If you stick the gun in the oven at 120F - 130F for a half hour before you use it, it works okay.

Viva Las Vegas JDR
09-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Yep I got one and use it occasionally RV, car and yard equipment, As other said that's a good price. Mine is under the generic name of Power Fist from Princess Auto. It's reg 24.95 there but I believe it was on sale when I got it.