PDA

View Full Version : Tinting Windshield on the Newell

Twins
09-02-2012, 02:06 AM
We all deal with heat radiating through the windshield while driving. I wonder if tinting the windshield further down would alleviate some of the heat radiating through the windshield. Open for suggestions on resolving this problem.

Twins

express1
09-02-2012, 02:59 AM
night? Just joking, using the shades don't help once the heat in in. Increase a/c is the only way to fight the heat. However we do travel north in summer and south in winters...:thumbsup:

tuga
09-02-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm not sure what the law is on tinting windshields, but I would think it is prohibited. I know that some allow only 5% tinting on front seat side windows.

I have found that using a fan to blow air directly along the windshield helps a lot. It moves the warm air away from the windshield and around so that it can be cooled by the AC.

Maybe that will work for you!

The Newell
09-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm sure we have all thought of it but I wonder what the regulations are from State to State on the degree of shading that is allowed? My truck and my car both come with windshield tint but it is very, very light, as are the front windows. The back windows are tinted to a much darker shade so regulations must be tight!

Research before tinting!

Joseph