PDA

View Full Version : Things we have learned since RVing!

Cheri Smith
09-10-2012, 10:22 PM
1. NEVER travel on a holiday weekend
2. NEVER travel on a long weekend on a narrow, two-lane highway through small towns having end of summer fairs or parades.
3. If the sign says "gusty wind area", believe it.
4. ALWAYS have an "Oh, Crap!" fund available for the unexpected mishap.
5. MOST importantly enjoy yourself and have fun!

Feel free to add to this list of what you've learned since RVing.

1993Newell
09-10-2012, 10:39 PM
:dito:

and we'd like to add-

6. Rving has shown us the beauty of our country!
7. It is an expensive hobby/lifestyle. You will save money in some areas and SPEND more in others.

tuga
09-11-2012, 01:40 AM
8. When your wife tells you to turn right don't keep going straight! Or you might do like I did and encounter a sign that says "Pavement Ends" "End of the Road". Then you get to disconnect the tow car, back up, turn the coach around, and reconnect the tow car. And worst of all, you have to listen to her say "I told you so" for the next 8 hours!

Just kidding, it was only 6 hours!

Randy J
09-12-2012, 06:10 PM
I will tell you what I have learned!

9. Retiring and hitting the road has been the BEST thing. I have ever done in life!:love:

I don't miss the stress at work. Getting up early. Or the commute!
I can live life and enjoy it! Relax. Get up when I want to get up. Move when I want to see a new view!

chockwald
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I like #9 the best, and it is true!

pairodice
09-12-2012, 07:51 PM
10. Never blindly follow your GPS. Even if she has a sweet voice she can lead you into evil.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
09-12-2012, 08:40 PM
11. Just because you think you can "fit" doesn't mean you can. And just when you don't think you can "fit" you can! Confused yet? Yeah me too! lol!

Randy J
09-13-2012, 12:02 AM
I like #9 the best, and it is true!

Clarke I should rephrase that. :blushing: It's the 2nd best thing I've done in life. First being I married my wife. ;)

NeverEnding
09-13-2012, 12:25 AM
I will tell you what I have learned!

9. Retiring and hitting the road has been the BEST thing. I have ever done in life!:love:

I don't miss the stress at work. Getting up early. Or the commute!
I can live life and enjoy it! Relax. Get up when I want to get up. Move when I want to see a new view!

I can't wait to say all of these things!

Randy I really can't wait, to wake up when I want to and change my view when I'm tired of my current view. I can't wait to get out!

Hugo
09-13-2012, 07:15 PM
12. It's good to feel "at home" anywhere you travel.

You know that feeling at a hotel? it just doesn't feel good or comfortable. I like having my OWN pillow! The pillows at hotels are always either to soft and puffy or to flat and hard! Glo wants me to add that she can walk barefoot in the Newell but she refuses to in a hotel room!

lbrachfe
09-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Don't drive at night or setup in the dark. This is the most paramount wisdom I can offer after 12 years of travel in a coach and mostly FT.

Johnnybgood
09-14-2012, 12:52 AM
HAHAHAHA I like #8, nice one Tuga, and Tuga knows just as well as i do, it doesn't end that day either, it will be her favorite story to tell every other couple traveling in a MH/Coach over the road hahaha

NEWELLWIZARD
10-13-2012, 02:19 AM
During an disagreement with your co-pilot, remember to eliminate the words “never” and “always” from your vocabulary. A happy co-pilot/wife is the key to a pleasant journey and happy travels! :laugh:

Charlotte Rosita
10-19-2012, 11:47 PM
If you don’t know something, ask the people in the next campsite. If you don't know something about your Newell come here and ask!

stewart33
10-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Visiting family is more fun because you are bringing your own house, you have space when you want and need it.

bigcatwally
11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
RVing is so much easier than setting up and taking down camp when a TENT is involved. Air mattresses never again! This old man will never set up a tent and blow up an air mattress once having the luxury of owning a coach! RVing enables people of all different ages and abilities to enjoy the experience. Once you experience taking a trip or camping in an RV you will never want to go back to the setting up a tent and having to take it all down. It's time consuming and it's hard on the back. Plus with a coach you know you'll stay dry and warm. The tent days bring back to many wet and cold camping memories. lol!