PDA

View Full Version : What’s with the phrase “Bus”?

jWolfe
09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I know it's used with Tiffin and of course many bus conversions and I know even Newell owners sometimes call their Newell a bus. But in my honest opinion bus is not very flattering. I would much rather refer to my unit as a coach not a bus.

pairodice
09-12-2012, 08:52 PM
because it's boxey and diesel, holds a bunch of people and stuff, has a toilet, entertainment systems, and can go across country easily. So that makes it a bus (or at least bus-like)... I make my wife where a chauffeur hat when she's driving also...

davidmbrady
09-12-2012, 11:18 PM
I think the phrase "it's a bus" is very flattering. Buses are engineered. They're conformance tested against a set of standards. They're endurance and crash tested. They run 10's of millions of miles. Every system is tested again and again and again in the real world and in short order. Buses are very special.

David Brady
'02 Blue Bird, Wanderlodge LXi, NC

jack14r
09-13-2012, 12:09 AM
I think that David hit the nail on the head with Buses being Engineered to run many miles with systems that are very robust,I think that David is talking directly about Liberty conversions.

Randy J
09-13-2012, 12:15 AM
I see what you all are saying. Good points. Maybe when Jay hears bus he pictures a "yellow school bus". lol!

NeverEnding
09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Great question Jay! I have always wondered this same question. Flattering or not I still always wondered why people said "bus" and many thanks for the different answers. For me it brought a little light of understanding to the scope. I have yet to purchase a coach and when I finally do own one and it's a reality! Who knows if I'll call it a coach, bus or motorhome or all three! Either way I'll just be happy to own a Newell!

truk4u
09-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Bus = Prevost... I know I'm going to hear about that statement, I might need help Jack!!:o

prairieschooner
09-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Tom, what did you do with the Seats?

pairodice
09-13-2012, 02:18 PM
People think one of two things when they think 'BUS' - either a school bus or a prison bus lol

Gone Busing
09-13-2012, 09:40 PM
This is kind of a funny post. I got a kick out of some of the answers. Since we currently own a bus conversion and when we end up with a Newell I'm going to drop the term bus from my vocabulary. We are leaning hard toward a Newell and after being in a friends Newell and studying them on this site I believe they are only bus like in appearance. I like the phrase "My Newell". From our research we believe a Newell to be superior to a bus for motorhoming purposes. We have enjoyed our bus conversion tremendously but now want to move up to a Newell.