PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Switch Will Not Transfer power troubleshooting help ??

David Carrol
09-13-2012, 06:24 PM
My Inverter/Charger has operated flawlessly until today. It does not transfer from shore power / genset power to inverted power. Or as I type this, maybe the inverter portion has failed ?
It charges and maintains battery voltage, which is 13.8 V -- 14.1 V. All 12 V dc loads are powered without problem. Just the invertered 120 Vac is NG.

Your thoughts Thanks to all, and Hope all is well.

The Newell
09-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi David,

We had that happen once to our Heart Interface inverter. Turned out to be a bad circuit board.

David Carrol
09-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Hey Joseph,

I Called tech services this morning and was instructed to reset the inverter and now it works. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Thanks for the assist,

David

prairieschooner
09-15-2012, 12:57 AM
I was going to suggest to reset and try it again. I had a failure with the Inverter on our '82 and found a great guy to do the repair (Fuge Electronics, San Diego, CA). He is an authorized XANTREX Repair Station and did what he said he would in the time frame that he stated and at the price that he quoted!
PS I would not even try to pull the wool off of a face like that!

prairieschooner
09-15-2012, 01:00 AM
As a side note, I added a Source Isolation Switch to our panel I was able to simply turn the switch to correct that problem.