PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here into Geocaching?

FJGuard
09-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I have played around with geocaching in the past but recently thought I might get back into it. Wondered if others here do it?

Starvin Marvin
09-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Please excuse me for any ignorance but what is it?

FJGuard
09-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity where participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS), you then hide containers and others find them by using their GPS, it's called "geocaches" or "caches", people all over the world do it.

If you watch this short video it explains what it's all about.

http://youtu.be/-4VFeYZTTYs

Neweller
09-28-2012, 04:10 PM
FJ, that is a really cool deal. I have done it quite a few times years ago when Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site (http://www.geocaching.com) first started. We had an RV club heavily involved in it and ran it like a poker run. Love to do this again one of these days. Maybe I'll try a couple of cache's when I go to South America, as I have never tried it on foreign soil.

Cheri Smith
09-28-2012, 04:45 PM
A good friend of mine was telling me all about it. Her and her hubby say they it works well with their hobby of hiking, they are real adventure seeking, they take some major hiking trips all over hiding and finding. Sounds like fun, maybe we should try it.

TheCarabiners
09-29-2012, 01:31 PM
We have done 1660 caches. It is a lot of fun annd allows us to see all sorts of interesting things and sites. Since we travel fultime, we have cached in 47 states. If you have any interest at all.........give it a try!

Steve

Randy J
09-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Heard of geocaching. Never have done one. Sounds neat. Steve that's a lot of caches! Cool! :thumbup:

CAPTWatson
02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
The fun is in the finding! It's entertaining and it’s addicting. Many of the caches are found near or around famous landmarks and/or national, state, or county parks. If you are looking for a hobby TRY it!