PDA

View Full Version : A.C. Units Leaking Water Inside

MiracleJ
09-14-2012, 07:15 PM
We turned on the front A/C (Coleman Mach) and very soon a lot of condensation water started leaking inside. I did not see any water run off on the outside like I usually do, So we shut off the front A/C and turned the back on, only to have it do the very same thing. We needed A/C so we kept towels on the floor and survived but now I need to do something about it.

I first suspect that the drain holes are plugged up? Could that be a possibility? I guess I will have to get up there and remove the shrouds and check out the passages, is there any good advice anyone wants to offer? Believe I could use all the guidance I can get.

Thanks in advance.

tuga
09-14-2012, 08:36 PM
MiracleJ,

I agree, it would almost have to be a stopped up drain line. If your coach has an air hose connection in the engine compartment you can just blow out the drain line using it. Most Newells have an air chuck in the engine compartment where you can plug in an air hose - comes in handy for airing up your tires too.

If you don't have an air hose/connection maybe a water hose would work. It's been a while since I have fooled with roof ACs. My last 2 coaches had basement ACs.

I'm sure it will be a simple fix.:)

NewellCrazy
09-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Did you have any sort of exhaust fan on creating negitive pressure in your coach? This would sometimes keep the condensation water from exiting to roof. Other then that, could have dirt clogging up

Sean

prairieschooner
09-15-2012, 12:53 AM
I agree check the drain (or have someone else do it), it may be plugged. I have a 2007 Yukon and when I stop there is always a puddle of water under the condenser, and that is normal.

MiracleJ
09-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Looks like I have to get up there and take the shroud off for a look see. Any tips before I get started and break something?