PDA

View Full Version : Can a slide be installed in an older Newell Coach??

Bubba Romero
10-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Interested in adding a slide to our older Newell. We have recently purchased a 1984 Newell coach. We were not sure if we would enjoy this but turns out we do.

Problem the wife now would like to have a slide out so she is looking at newer coaches. Is it possible to add a slide up front to this coach. Does Newell offer something a hands-on person could perform themselves or would it require factory installation?

If offered, what would the cost range be. We like the bus but I know she will win.

Thank you,
Bubba

TechTalk
10-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Adding a slide In our opinion, adding a slide-out with an acceptable level of quality to any existing non-slide Newell coach is cost-prohibitive. We know of only one customer who has made the attempt, and it is our understanding that the results were not to a high standard of quality.

Neweller
10-27-2003, 06:26 PM
I have a 1978 Newell and I was wondering the same thing. I have seen many that have been by private bus converters. One company in specific out of northern Texas was doing them very reasonable but not sure if they are in business any longer. Hopefully not from doing shoddy work. From what I could tell, people were happy with the job.