PDA

View Full Version : hi guys .. very new here.. not to Newell and certainly not to motorsports

carroll
08-17-2012, 03:41 AM
hi guys .. very new here.. not to Newell and certainly not to motorsports on a club level... I run all year .. in the summer Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio , Pocono, Lime Rock, Summit Point, Road America and in Canada Mosport, Calabogie and Mont Tremblant... then I start working my way to Florida in November and usually run VIR, Road Atlanta and Barber on the way to Tampa where I store everything for the winter... then fly back and forth to run Sebring until spring time and then start north.. I love it.. and love being in my Newell..

Neweller
08-17-2012, 03:58 AM
Carroll welcome to the Newell Talk Forums. It's really exciting to have racers like yourself on here sharing. I am an avid motorsports fan and have both, circle and road racing experience. Not currently active wish I were, I got busted up a few years back in a crash and never got back into it. The bug has been biting. It really sounds like you got some serious racing blood and conquer one hell of a schedule. But you got a like it! I am familiar with most of those tracks and have dreamed of driving them. So So Cool!

Ken

The Newell
08-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Welcome Carroll

You have found the most informative website for Newells on the internet. If you have questions/answers please post them, again glad to have you aboard.

Joseph

carroll
08-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks everyone.... average about 40 track days a year... and yes it is a blast... it gives a destination .. get to meet many different people and the people who participate are generally speaking really nice people to share a weekend with

Hugo
08-18-2012, 07:42 PM
carroll that is great! A route of destinations is always nice. 40 track days a year? That's burning some serious rubber! ;)

SHELBYONE
09-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Man how nice it would be to have 40 track days of fun a year. I like the travel that goes with it and all the competitors too.

carroll
09-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Man how nice it would be to have 40 track days of fun a year. I like the travel that goes with it and all the competitors too.

You can do it too... after all it is only one long weekend a month....

Ron Skeen
09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
What is your next track destination? What do you race? I have race Karts on about all of the the tracks you mention and have done track days on my BMW K 1200S. I am getting to old for the Bike track days buts have done some Bondurant Schools in Phoenix along with some Nascar Ovals Atlanta and Bristol. Do a lot of Trail Riding now with a Polaris RZR and a Can Am Outlander 1000 ET.Still enjoy going fast and looking for something else