PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Newell with bunks at Panterra

folivier
09-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Someone recently was looking for a coach with bunks. Here is a '92 45' at panterra coach with 2 bunks up front. Looks nice.

1992 Newell 4 BUNK COACH | Panterra Coach & RV (http://panterracoach.com/coaches/1992-newell/)

coachman
07-20-2013, 05:15 AM
Hello everybody! I'm a newbie to the site. I have been researching different coaches for a while and I was set on buying a used 93 Prevost. From reading different boards, I learned that Newell is a strong competitor to the Prevost. I have my eye on the above mentioned coach and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this coach. Thanks for any info y'all can give. I look forward to finding the right Newell for my family!;)

larryweikart
07-20-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't think I've ever seen that one before, but it sure looks nice and clean for a 92. Obviously there are a lot of things to check out before making an offer. The bunks are certainly unusual and if Newell put them in I'll bet they will remember it very well. You might want to call Newell and ask them about any history as a beginning and go from there. Others on the forum may have some info and I'm sure they'll be sending their thoughts. You are on the best forum and will find it very valuable as you continue your quest, Good luck and welcome aboard.:thumbsup:

Neweller
07-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Coachman welcome to the Luxury Coach Lifestyle! The original Newell Forum and online community. Many of us strive very hard to make you feel at home here and to help you whether or not you own a Newell or any other luxury coach for that matter. And whether or not you are a future owner, in between, ex-owner or whatever your quest may be, we are glad you have joined and look forward to any questions or sharing you may muster.

Larry has already gave you great advise regarding this '92 Newell over at Panterra. First off, I have not heard of any complaints over there with Randy and his team at Panterra. They seem to be in the ballpark on pricing. This beautiful looking bunk coach would be ideal for a family wanting to travel in a luxury coach. It is a rare set up. There have only been a handful built with bunks like this and the only other option would be to add them to an existing coach which of course is easier said then done. I love the looks of this coach, but looks only go so deep when we are referring to a luxury coach. Other things need to be checked out of coarse and be in proper condition and order. The engine is going to be like most Prevost of a like year, so mechanistically they are very similar, except the Newell should have tremendously lower miles than a converted previous road coach. Both however are great choices when it comes to the luxury coach living.

Have you personally seen this coach yet or mainly through the internet?

rellick
07-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Welcome coachman, im liking your taste, I like how this one looks, the color choices are real nice. Dito on what Larry and Ken said. To me it almost looks like the bunks may have been put in, are they factory ones? Either way it looks good, I would get an independent inspector to check out the engine and chassis as well, if all is well its a good price. You may find cheaper ones but you would be probably doing some work unless you get real lucky. Best of luck on your coach quest!!:thumbsup:

NewellCrazy
07-20-2013, 04:05 PM
The bunks should be factory installed and to my knowledge there are only a handful of Newell's equipped with bunks. Just as Larry stated give Newell a call and they can give you the history on the Newell and after that do as Keith said if your interested and have it independently inspected prior to purchase.

RoDesign
07-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Welcome coachman to this awesome site it's and the place to fine everything in you want and more regarding Newell ownership. We are one big family here.:party::welcome:

Erika
07-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Welcome and good luck on your search to find the perfect Newell for your family. It's out there!