PDA

View Full Version : How many slide outs is enough

Ron in South Dakota
09-25-2012, 06:58 PM
I have been looking over a number of different Newells & Prevosts. You can find them with 1, 2, 3, and even 4 slide outs. How many slides are enough for full timing just husband and wife? and why doesn't luxury coach manufactures make full wall slides that span front to rear instead of multiple slides?

Ronald and Betty Stadler
Mitchell,South Dakota

Neweller
09-25-2012, 11:12 PM
For myself I would be just fine with a dual-slide. Sure I like the room of a quad but don't need it. There are certain limitations to the quad slide over the dual slide do

to the amount of room during traveling, inside cooling issues with the basement air models, limits at certain parks. You really just have to go into some and see for

yourself. I've been in some very impressive dual-slides that in my opinion still felt really large. I recently was in a triple slide that felt roomier than a quad. Mainly

because it had a murphy bed in the bedroom with one slide. I'm sure the folks that have the quads will highly defend what they have and they have every right to. I

just feel a couple of slides is more practical for certain situations.

Newmar builds a complete wall slide motorhome, I just can't call them luxury. Nice but not in the same class as Newell and the bus converters.

jWolfe
09-25-2012, 11:28 PM
IMO you can never have to many slides.

The Newell
09-26-2012, 05:34 PM
IMO it is personal choice. Some enjoy slides were others don't and wish not to have the extra maintenance cost of slides. Personally, I wouldn't mind having atleast 1 slide and to be honest a non slide unit worked well for my wife and I.

jack14r
09-26-2012, 08:50 PM
If the slides are 30 inches deep then I only need 2.There are lots of plastic coaches that have slides that are 10-15 inches deep which just gives the owner the bragging rites to say he has 4 slides.I have 2 slides and I really like using the space on the curb side for a grill and entertaining,we all have our preferences and they are just like opinions.

Ron in South Dakota
09-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Anyone knows how deep the slides are on a newell?

Ronald and Betty Stadler

NewellCrazy
04-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Ron,

Current production Newell's are built with either 24" or 30" depths glide outs.

Sean

Gone Busing
04-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Sean, what is the difference between a slide-out and a glide-out or is there one?

NewellCrazy
04-07-2013, 02:12 AM
slide out, glide outs I don't know the difference I always figured they were the same lol always heard them referred to by both names depending on who you're speaking with.

Sean