PDA

View Full Version : How much weight can compartment bay hold?

Laguna Newell
09-26-2012, 02:06 AM
How much weight can our compartment bay hold? Will it hold 1200 lbs? Want to make I'm not overloading our Newell.

Laguna Newell

The Newell
09-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Don't know what you have in mind but a ton doesn't seem to be a big deal. Hopefully others with more knowledge on this subject will jump in.

chockwald
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Naturally, the main point is not to put any weight in your coach that would cause you to exceed the recommended GVWR for your coach. The best way to determine how much weight you can add to your coach is to have each corner weighed, and then compare the total weight of all four corners to the GVWR limits for your particular coach. In my case my GVWR is 34,000 lbs. My coach weighs in, loaded with fuel and fresh water, plus what I have already stowed in the storage areas, at 29,000 lbs., so I could conceivably add 5,000 more pounds of cargo if I wanted to max it out. The GVWR is your limitation. Of course, you will also want to be sure your weight is evenly distributed from corner to corner, and that you don't exceed the GVWR for your front axle, or your rear axle.

prairieschooner
09-27-2012, 02:35 AM
Laguna, we will be at Doheny Beach in Dana Point next week. You are welcome to stop by if so inclined. We will be checking in on Monday and checking out on Friday. If you are interested send me a PM so we can talk.
PS Tuesday evening I have some sailing buddies coming for BBQ and Libations so I would advise on another day, we may be sacrificing virg__s or...... you know how sailors are!!