PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Fuel Filter on a Hydro-Hot/Aqua Hot

Newell Monster
09-28-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm helping a friend that has the Hydro-Hot system in his 2003 Newell Coach. The diesel fuel filter in the system is not the R12 type with see-thru water separator bowl on the bottom as the parts manual shows. It has a residential spin-on Garber filter like those used on home heating systems. What type of Hydro-Hot/Aqua-Hot filter fuel filter does y'all's rig have?

NewellCrazy
09-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Hello Jimmy & Carol,

The fuel filters for these sytems are usually installed by the RV manufacture and the spin on Garber filter was probably changed out by some shop along the line. I do not know if the R12 see through filter comes with the heater (if you purchase one seperately) but you can change it yourself - the smaller glass see through filters are available from small equipment and truck dealers and are similar to remote engine oil filters- I would want a see through filter assy. to be able to check for contamination/water and since the filter is up-stream from the fuel pump I would install a filter assy. with a water drain the same as diesel engines have- all the coaches I have seen have the R12 see through assy.