PDA

View Full Version : First-Aid Kits in the coach?

Cheri Smith
09-28-2012, 10:30 PM
What kind of First-Aid kits do you keep in your coach?

Did you make your own kit?

What do you keep in it?

We have a basic one we picked up at Walmart but I'm not sure if there is anything I should add to it?

Randy J
09-29-2012, 07:28 PM
We have a basic first aid kit. It's a Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kit from Target. It was around $10.00. We also have a smaller kit in the Jeep.

Neweller
09-29-2012, 08:23 PM
We have bought some nice larger kits at Costco over the years and they had come in twin packs for about $20 I believe. I always add some extras like iodine, cold packs and extra common size bandaids. I like to keep one in the Newell and in my other vehicles. Unless you own a Beemer they come with one from the factory. yahoo!

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-08-2012, 04:43 PM
You know this is a great topic because you never know when a emergency can happen! A couple of years ago we were parked next to a young couple who had just purchased their motorhome and were out on their first trip.

The fellow burned himself pretty badly when he was grilling, the wife came running over to our coach to see if we had a first aid kit because they didn't have one. We had no problem giving it to them and suggested maybe he go to the nearest hospital...not sure if he ever did?

I do know that RV parks have first aid but it's very important that everyone keeps a first-aid kit on hand in their coach. It doesn't matter if it's a short trip or a long trip. We ended up giving the couple our kit and best wishes that he healed up okay. The very next day we headed into town to Wal-Mart and bought another.

You can buy a well equipped first aid kit at almost any super market, even gas stations, and of course drug stores. They come with all the supplies you will need to provide basic first aid while on the road traveling.

speedingsport
10-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Having a first-aid kit and an emergency kit is a must. I put it in an outside storage compartment. Another good idea is to compile a list of names ( your doctor, insurance agent and lawyer) and any medications you’re currently taking. Of course hope there’s never a need to open it. But if there is you are prepared.

FJGuard
10-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Keeping emergency supplies on hand like - a first aid kit, water, a few flashlights, extra batteries, non-perishable foods and medicines is always a excellent idea.

You can purchase larger kits online at amazon.com or you can go into a Bass Pro or Cabelas store.

BE SAFE!

Happy Trails!