PDA

View Full Version : wash and wax your newell

Will Procter
09-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm wondering what product's others are using to wax their Newells? And what is the best way to go about doing it? I found an RV wash that does a wash and spray on wax for $2.00/ft. I'm wondering if this stuff is any good, or if I should do it myself?

larryweikart
09-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I've had my coach waxed many times thru the years but I have always hand waxed it myself every 2nd year. I use only Ibiz products and it is time consuming but the product takes the heavy rubbing out of the job. They also make a great product for polishing the wheels.

prairieschooner
09-30-2012, 12:22 AM
I use a California Duster and a Waterless Cleaner in between washings. Last month I just stopped on the side of the road and hose it off. When we got to the campground I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax and began to give her a shine. I use Mother's Aluminum Polish with their Power Ball on a Drill for the Wheels. I have only paid someone to wash our coach twice.

MiracleJ
09-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Will,

I would look at what my time's worth, and how long it would take me to do it vs. paying to have it done (zero chances of me falling off a ladder).

If the cost equates to, for example, $10 an hour if I did it myself, there's no way I'm going to do it. For 10 bucks, an hour, there are many more entertaining things I'd rather do.

MrE
10-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I always thought it would be fun to pull in where a group of kids were doing a fundraiser car wash. havefun

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I always thought it would be fun to pull in where a group of kids were doing a fundraiser car wash. havefun

Depending on what you are willing to pay, the kids would probably be glad to wash the coach for a hefty donation! Hey, they might even make all they need to raise by washing you coach alone! rollinglol

afrench45
10-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Indio California, the white truck (forget the company) that drives around motorcoach country club, hand wash wax and polish wheels for $300. I have it done every time I go out there, it looks better than new.

Neweller
10-02-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm thinking Manny's has a white truck. I had them do one of my Newell's up once upon a time down in Indio (Coachella Valley). They did an awesome job. If the money clip is full throwing down 3 bills is not a problem.lol!

1993Newell
10-02-2012, 02:08 AM
I use a California Duster and a Waterless Cleaner in between washings. Last month I just stopped on the side of the road and hose it off. When we got to the campground I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax and began to give her a shine. I use Mother's Aluminum Polish with their Power Ball on a Drill for the Wheels. I have only paid someone to wash our coach twice.

I have heard of waterless cleaners being used on automobiles. Does it come out okay? Cost wise to do something as large as the Newell Coach? What brand would you recommend for something like this?

Neweller
10-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Andrew, whether or not you are speaking about Mannys, I'm provided the link Here:Manny's RV Wash and Wax (http://mannysrvwashandwax.com/Home.html) These boys will travel pretty much all over the Inland Empire and even into the LA basin and give your coach a whirl of a job!

prairieschooner
10-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I am using Meguiar's Waterless Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere when it has road film.
My Money Clip does not get full enough to drop $300 for a wash and wax. I enjoy doing my own maintenance, now when I don't want to use a ladder anymore this will be another story but by then we will most likely be anchored somewhere.

PS I don't want someone using a Polisher on our coach. I am very cautious about the raised surfaces and the rivets and the paint being worn thin in those areas.

FJGuard
10-02-2012, 04:05 PM
If anything it's a good work out right Steve? ;)

speedingsport
10-02-2012, 04:55 PM
I am using Meguiar's Waterless Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere when it has road film.
My Money Clip does not get full enough to drop $300 for a wash and wax. I enjoy doing my own maintenance, now when I don't want to use a ladder anymore this will be another story but by then we will most likely be anchored somewhere.

PS I don't want someone using a Polisher on our coach. I am very cautious about the raised surfaces and the rivets and the paint being worn thin in those areas.

Steve, how many bottles does it take?

folivier
10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
"Steve, how many bottles does it take?"

Beer or wax????

speedingsport
10-02-2012, 05:07 PM
rollinglol Forest, I was talking wax.

But Steve can tell us how many beers it takes to get the job done! :o

1993Newell
10-05-2012, 05:15 PM

Meguiar's Waterless Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere

Thanks for the brand info. How much do you use? Is it concentrated stuff? How are you applying it to the coach?

speedingsport
10-13-2012, 03:11 AM
I want to try this stuff out I found online. Waterless Wash System by Chemical Guys.

Waterless Detailing Waterless Wash System (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Waterless_Detailing_Waterless_Wash_System_p/wac_707.htm)

It comes in concentrate 1 gallon makes 8 gallons so I would imagine it would last a while.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-13-2012, 04:57 PM
If you do it yourself you will save money. I find that if you wash the coach in the shade it helps. 1) you won't sweat too much 2) the sun shining down quickens the drying time and it makes cleaning agents and waxing much more difficult.

speedingsport if you end up getting some of that waterless wash system be sure to come back and let us know how well it works.