PDA

View Full Version : How long do most people keep their coaches?

Roader
09-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Just wondering how long most people keep their coaches and why. Also curious when the most depreciation occurs...other then driving it off the lot.

1993Newell
09-30-2012, 05:29 PM
We bought our coach for the purpose of fulltiming. We've owned and full timed in our newell coach motorhome for 5 years. Melba and I enjoy it and hope to continue to do it for a few more years. If it were our sons choice we'd have sold the coach and moved into a retirement living place close to their home. I have a feeling hes trying to change the roles here? But we're still the parents...as long as I'm still sane, :laugh: I haven't lost my mind completely. We'll sell our coach when we quit the fulltiming lifestyle. Until then we plan on kicking back taking in our ever changing view!

speedingsport
09-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Until ones ready to upgrade to a Newer Newell. ;)

Neweller
09-30-2012, 08:39 PM
The RV industry claims in general the average person keeps their motorhome 2-4 years. Doesn't seem very long. I wonder if that is just swapping around through different types and models or total ownership altogether? The reference didn't go into that detail.

David Carrol
09-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Just wondering how long most people keep their coaches and why. Also curious when the most depreciation occurs...other then driving it off the lot.

Let me give you a tip....havefun Don't worry about depreciation! Newells will last way longer than the price.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
09-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Until I can no longer drive it. After all, I am 77 and only acquired it six months ago.

folivier
10-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Have had mine for almost 4 years and would only upgrade to a newer Newell once we start fulltiming. And only then if we feel we need something bigger. But we really like ours as it is.

Cheri Smith
10-01-2012, 02:28 AM
We like our Newell and have no plans at the moment to upgrade or sell it. Its old but we like it all the same! I think we may just keep it forever! :)

prairieschooner
10-01-2012, 02:52 AM
When I can no longer maintain it, 5 years and counting

Randy J
10-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Well hell we just got ours! This is our home on wheels! :thumbsup:

fulltiming
10-01-2012, 03:59 AM
We have had ours almost 7 years. Prior to this, we were changing our RV out about every 3-4 years. It pays to get something that is big enough, sturdy enough and designed well enough that you don't think about trading it as soon as you get it. As far as depreciation is concerned, there is one real easy rule of thumb: the more you pay for it, the more it will depreciate.

lbrachfe
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
There does come a point when the economics mean little as the lifestyle takes over. I will have my Newell until I can't drive anymore or I come across a pile of cash and maybe get one newer..