PDA

View Full Version : Changing Sealand Toilet Seal

Novice Traveler
10-02-2012, 08:25 PM
is this a hard project or should I leave it for the pro's. my sealand toilet will not hold the water. thanks to all that apply.

Flydrifter
10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
The flapper broke off on mine, I had Newell Service do it when I was in Miami. I think it took him about 2 hours, not a bad job, but I was certainly glad it wasn't me. The worst part was pulling the comode which included pulling the panel off all the water valves, undoing a coupling between the comode discharge pipe and the tank, then getting it all spotted, reconnected, sealed with plumbers putty or some type of Sticky Tape, and put back together.

As in most projects, the prep work is worst part of the job.

Fortunately I live within 100 miles of the plant, so that made it an easy trip, we just stopped by on the way to Branson, overnighted at the factory, they knocked on the door at 6:30, and we were on the road in a couple-three hours.

Everything ship shape.

Ray Penick
96 Newell #420
Tulsa, OK

NewellCrazy
10-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Messy, Smelly, & a bit Dirty :laugh:, overall not difficult at all!

NEWELLWIZARD
10-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Depending on how handy you are would determine what's a hard job. If you are up for the challenge go for it! I'm a DIYer and would do it myself.

smagown
10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
The Sealand toilet is only held in by a few fasteners, very easy to change the seal compared to the air toilet on the later model Newell's.