PDA

View Full Version : Polychute sewer hose

Newell Attack
10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Saw an article in recent Motor Home magazine about Polychute sewer hose. Basic kit with 16' hose is $149 and a 16' extension is $120 for a total of $269. Yes, it has some nice features, but that seems like an awful lot of money for a sewer hose. Is it really worth that much money??? I've had a Blue Line for about 2 years now with no problems and we use our unit regularly.

prairieschooner
10-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I have seen this used at some places. I have been wanting to get one;
Sewer Solution (http://www.sewersolution.com/)

It gets rid of the Sewer Hose and uses a venturi to break up the poo and send it down the line with either 3/4" or 1" Garden type hose. :thumbsup:

NewellCrazy
10-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Been using Rhino a less than a quarter of the price of that set for the last 5 years. Can't see spending 269.00 on a sewer hose.

The Newell
10-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Another vote for Rhino....

express1
10-06-2012, 08:19 PM
spoke to owner inventor of polychute. This is route to go. Will order mine on Monday. Doug Swarts 877-787-8833. They have been selling direct to Newell.

express1
10-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Another something to hook-up.. I'll never get to my drink:o

JetHot
10-07-2012, 04:19 AM
What's the direct pricing on one of these or should I just call? Does Rhino have something comparable for much less? The Rhino product I have seen doesn't seem to compare but it just a basic type setup.

express1
10-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Currently at Newell and will check on monday the cost..

folivier
10-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Matt, what warranty does the polychute have?
What type of fitting to connect to the dump valve? On mine there is not much space to connect a 45 degree connector. Let us know how it fits & take pictures.

FJGuard
10-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Matt like Forest asked I would also like to know what the warranty is? Yes, please take photos and let us know how it fits and how you like it once installed.

express1
10-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Matt, what warranty does the polychute have?
What type of fitting to connect to the dump valve? On mine there is not much space to connect a 45 degree connector. Let us know how it fits & take pictures.

Will take photos , but this is a must have for me...
Cannon has an Air rectract hose and must have the discharge fitting to retract.
I thought it was cool the owner/inventor answered the phone...

Spoke to Carl Blade this morning (cannon did) not much to say???? He was trying to hook-up his tow. :dontknow:maybe not a good morning for him. Not real friendly even though we were in one of his million dollar coaches...He was headed to New Orleans...

Neweller
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Sounds like an interesting concept, I too would want to know how good of a warranty the Polychute has and how limited :dontknow: it might be. Nothing like a company coming up with great product (idea) to in turn combine with a hit or miss Chinese pump or something with a suckie warrantee.

Another thing important to me on any of these poo chutes, is how well (with what ease) they can be cleaned before storing back into the coach?

NewellCrazy
10-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Here are the specs on Polychute.

Polychute-16 Kit
Product ID #: PCK-16 - Ship Wt: 10 LBS.

Product Features

Fully assembled - Always assembled
Spring-action hose extends to over 16 ft.
External Wear Strip no wire/no rust - Smooth Interior
No internal build-up, Flushes Clean
On-Off Valve/Nozzle w/ adapt-all doughnut
Adapt-all fits securely to all septic inlets - threaded or not
The 'Polylock' coach adapter -Incomparable
'Polylock' plug prevents storage drips.
Clear-Vu swivel barrels at each end
Sanitary storage in compact 24x17x7 in. container with lid

The 'Polychute 16' is the ultimate hose assembly for the vast majority of RVer's! With proper care and use, it will perform flawlessly for years. It is designed that way, built that way and backed that way . . . In the USA!

Neweller
10-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Interesting for sure. Probably not much that can go wrong with it. Pricey for sure, they are proud of it. Now if Matt picks one up and gives us all a good demonstration that would be hip! Making him a more hip dude!:thumbup:

jWolfe
10-11-2012, 12:02 AM
It looks like a nice sewer hose. I'm going to check it out.

Cheri Smith
10-11-2012, 12:15 AM
We use the Camco RhinoFLEX it's a great hose and it has a strong locking feature, it's quick, easy and clean. We are very happy with the RhinoFLEX.

express1
10-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Installed new hose on 07 today. Looks good, didn't use it or get cost yet... Also spoke to Doug in California, he said if I send the newell fitting he would assemble and return at no extra cost. Still not sure about cost, much less the no extra cost!!! Chuck at newell left early today so thats, that.:pirate: We may be here a few more days......

express1
10-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Installed new hose on 07 today. Looks good, didn't use it or get cost yet... Also spoke to Doug in California, he said if I send the newell fitting he would assemble and return at no extra cost. Still not sure about cost, much less the no extra cost!!! Chuck at newell left early today so thats, that.:pirate: We may be here a few more days......

The 07 is a little different. It stays hooked up. Just press air remote and hose jumps out of coach. Press again and retracts.. so the female end is alway connected.

Barthman
10-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Looks like a nice little rascal don't it. I would consider one on the next coach. I recently bought one for the old girl.

Doppler
10-19-2012, 04:20 PM
If I remember correctly mine is a Viper and it was somewhere around $60.00. It had been a good sewer hose. :thumbsup:

bigcatwally
10-19-2012, 09:46 PM
I have a blueline. It does the job and I'm happy with it.