PDA

View Full Version : Refueling @ Flying J truck islands

Gary&Terry
10-07-2012, 05:27 PM
When I refuel at Flying J, I always use the truck islands. My procedure is terry goes inside with cash in hand. They turn on the pump, I fill up and then terry returns with change. I would like to cut a little time off this process by using my Flying J RV card to start the pump while terry is on the way inside.

I have tried a couple of times to use the card at the pump but I am presented with a couple of screens that I have to select certain options in order to start the pump. I cannot figure out the options to select to start the pump and do not want to spend an excess amount of time at the pump trying to figure out what to select. Perhaps someone who knows what options are required for an RV to start the pump could enlighten me as to what I need to select or direct me to where I can get this information.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

jack14r
10-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I do start the pump with the card and I think that you must choose between refer or truck fuel or both,I choose truck,then it states that you must go inside to pay after fueling,the screens are like 1980 computers,they are very slow.

stewart33
10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
the screens are like 1980 computers,they are very slow.

Jack that's the truth! lol!

express1
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
I hate the dirt and grim around all truck stops... wearing booties and gloves is the only way. Always leave CC inside while fueling unless you know within 20 gallons how much you will need. Always a bad experience getting fuel. Dirty and nasty......

folivier
10-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Gotta agree with you Matt. I always feel like I need a shower after using the truck pumps. Glad I don't have carpet!
Thankfully we don't need to fuel up very often.

The Newell
10-07-2012, 11:09 PM
having the RV Card is great. You have to select tractor or refer fuel at some places. You obviously want tractor fuel. The RV Card also gives you 3 cents off the cash price, but only if you use it at the pump.

They just came out with the RC Charge card that will give 6 cents off the cash price if you are a Good Sam member.

Joseph

The Newell
10-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Forgot to ask if your card is set up for pump start?

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-07-2012, 11:59 PM
The older truck stops are the worse on being dirty and some are just plain nasty. The nicer newer truck stops aren't too bad... But I hear you stopping to fuel up at truck stops isn't pretty!

prairieschooner
10-08-2012, 12:34 AM
I just got an image of Matt with Booties, Hair Net, and Gloves........I wish I could get rid of it!!!!!!!!lol!:o:aetsch:rollinglol

NewellCrazy
10-08-2012, 12:39 AM
I just got an image of Matt with Booties, Hair Net, and Gloves........I wish I could get rid of it!!!!!!!!

I read your reply now so do I :orollinglol:typing::bolt:

comfortable-bus
10-08-2012, 12:48 AM
We stay away from Flying J unless we know they have an RV island or it is a newer location. Unless of course there is no other option but we seldom let her get down that low.

express1
10-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Usually I just send Connie out and she gets someone else to man the Pump:thumbsup:

Neweller
10-08-2012, 03:44 AM
I hate the dirt and grim around all truck stops... wearing booties and gloves is the only way. Always leave CC inside while fueling unless you know within 20 gallons how much you will need. Always a bad experience getting fuel. Dirty and nasty......

I have to laugh at this Matt. I never thought about slipping booties on over my shoes. I have worn them in a work environment before. I have had some quick slip on shoes for when I was at a grimy fuel island, otherwise grabbed some paper towels to clean any residue off my shoes prior to entering. I too hate the nasty truck stops. Most newer stations are clean for a while.

Prefer any place that has plenty of room to maneuver the big coach.

Steve, that is the ultimate hook-up you have going there.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I used the new Pilot/Flying J RV Plus Charge Card all summer. No limits at the pump, 6 cent discount, automatic billing to my bank, and never had to go inside.

JustDustin
10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Chester is right Pilot/Flying J are making it easy if you have the RV Plus Charge Card.

They have 550 locations in the US and Canada.

Swipe your card and fuel up! You can pay at the pump with no limit!

With the RV Plus card you get-

*From there website it says:
In addition to fuel discounts nationwide, you also get these great benefits from Pilot Flying J.

$.10 off each gallon of bulk propane at Pilot Flying J
½ off RV dumping fee at Pilot Flying J.
Exclusive coupons and special deals from Pilot Flying J.
Discounts up to $.06 off every gallon of gas and $.08 off every gallon of diesel in the United States.
Discounts up to $.02 off every liter of gas and $.02 off every liter of diesel in Canada.

rvpluscard.com (http://www.rvpluscard.com/)

JJ and Judy
11-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Hello T & G,

I have the PFJ RV Plus charge card. Yes, the pumps do ask several questions.

1) Tractor, Refer, or both (you answer tractor)
2) DEF Yes, no, or "skip" (you answer "skip" for your 2008 C15 Cat)
3) It will ask for your "control number". This is 4 digit number that they issued you when you got the card. It is not printed on the card. You can change this on their website. (think of it as the code that you use for a debit card)

I recently purchased the coach, but the PFJ RV Plus card has worked very well. I never go into the store. It will let me pump up to our limit of $2500 without going inside.

Sorry about the late answer to your post. I just bought the coach and joined the forum.

Best,

JJ
2009 #1288
C15 Quad slide