PDA

View Full Version : How about a mini VW Micro Eco-Camper Van with Euro-Style as your toad? Any Takers?

Neweller
10-08-2012, 04:19 AM
Seen this concept a while back and thought about how cute one of these little guys would be hooked on behind a Newell Coach, acting as your toad or maybe a little rumbling camper bus for heading up to the remote areas where that Newell can't fit and hang out for a night or two fishing at a favorite lake hideaway. 2902

Not sure if this little guy ever came to fruition or not?

Cheri Smith
10-11-2012, 12:16 AM
That's a nice VW Camper! It would make a great toad.

Barthman
10-11-2012, 12:30 AM
I think I would have to agree with you folks that is one cute little Volkswagon Van. It would look good behind a Barth, Newell, Wanderlodge or Prevost Marathon. I'll take it!

folivier
10-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Saw quite a few of these microvans in europe, even some 4x4s. Peugeots, Fiats, VWs, and others. Mostly diesels. It would be neat to get a 4x4 and convert it into a camper/toad.

bluesky
10-11-2012, 02:30 AM
This would work for us very well, being the "hippie explorer" type, great way to get to those small out of the way places.

Neweller
10-11-2012, 02:31 AM
Hey could this one on youtube have a Valid slide-out room? Probably not, but it's pretty cool anyway. Check out the video Here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4qn0JGM__8

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-12-2012, 12:30 AM
This brings back old memories! That video is crazy Ken! What a sweet VW camper van! I'd take one now! I agree it would make a pretty cool tow vehicle for behind a Newell Coach!

RSI Coach
10-12-2012, 02:55 AM
As a matter of fact we are in the process of finishing up all the needed connections and modifications to pull our Roadtrek 210 Versatile behind our 92 Newell. I have had to piece together different components from several suppliers but we should be good to go here in about 2 weeks once the Remco Driveshaft disconnect they are making is complete. We just couldn't figure out how to make the puzzle work any other way with some health issues to consider and me visiting clients from the road. It was the only option for us, just took a little work getting everything figured out. I'm sure we will get quite a few looks from the other "Road Warriors!"

prairieschooner
10-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Makes me long for my '67 Sundial

Gone Busing
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Those Sundial's are really cool. My brother back in the 80's restored a 1963 Sundial to pristine condition and sold it for big money in 1998 to a guy in Italy.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
As a matter of fact we are in the process of finishing up all the needed connections and modifications to pull our Roadtrek 210 Versatile behind our 92 Newell. I have had to piece together different components from several suppliers but we should be good to go here in about 2 weeks once the Remco Driveshaft disconnect they are making is complete. We just couldn't figure out how to make the puzzle work any other way with some health issues to consider and me visiting clients from the road. It was the only option for us, just took a little work getting everything figured out. I'm sure we will get quite a few looks from the other "Road Warriors!"

Craig and Kerry that sounds like a pretty cool setup! If you get lots of looks from other Road Warriors it will be because they are admiring! :thumbsup:

prairieschooner
10-12-2012, 08:31 PM
My sundial was areally cool '67,last year for the split windshield. I got it from the original owner with low miles and in very good condition. A paint job later it was really nice but still a volkswagon. A 200 mile trip was an all day event. Sold it to a collector whenvI needed to repair our sailboat.