PDA

View Full Version : Digital Tire Gauge Readings

Will Procter
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi All: I just bought a digital tire gauge. When ever I take readings from the tires the digital reads about 3-4lbs. less then my stick and numbers gauges. Which one should I believe. I don't want to over fill the tires.

William

prairieschooner
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I also have a digital tire pressure gauge and trust it much more that the stick type. I would suggest that you go by a tire shop and check your digital against theirs.
I'm sticking to it.

NewellCrazy
10-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Stick gauges can give faulty readings depending on their quality and how they are kept. I bought a digital gauge for about $50. at NAPA. Supposed to be accurate to +or - 1 lb.
I only check the tires in the morning when cold. If I check them in the afternoon there will be a 5 lb difference between the sunny side and the shady side!

GringoPhil
10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
I remember from the good old days that most all the service stations and truckers used Milton gauges so that's what I still use today.

The Newell
10-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I bought this gauge Tire Pressure Gauge - Intersource Enterprises D10-90 - Tire Accessories - Camping World (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/tire-pressure-gauge/25770) that I have used for years. I had it checked and verified for accuracy last yea.