PDA

View Full Version : New buyer searching for a newell coach

Lou Placentia
10-10-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm new to the newell club. I don't own one yet but been wanting to get one for a long time. I can't afford to buy a new one so searching used. I'll be using it part time and probably only put around 3500 miles a year. I'm trying to figure out what year I should be looking at what fits our budget of 70K and what features are standard.

Lou Placentia

express1
10-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Gotta take a look:thumbsup:Plus other considerations!

Neweller
10-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Go Nessie!

What are the other considerations? Boats, cars, rods, bikes, cruises, Nascar tickets or ?

Matt, your starting to run up the bandwidth around here! rollinglol

express1
10-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Gold, diamonds, swamp land, na not swamp land already have lots of that...laundry services....rollinglol or plain old cash....pending pattens on anti-age or sagging ointment, snake oil...bring it on....
would consider 05-06 Newell.

Randy J
10-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Welcome Lou! Have you checked NewellClassifieds.com (http://newellclassifieds.com)?

folivier
10-10-2012, 11:40 AM
For a budget of $70k you would probably be looking for one with an 8V92 engine. But there have occasionally been some bargains. You just have to do your due diligence and make sure it is not one needing repairs or updates which could quickly blow your budget.
What size are you looking for? Most Newells are 45' but there are a few 42-43' and some 40' or less.

MiracleJ
10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
there are many factors to consider. The very first thing you need to decide is your budget - be realistic and stick to it - Spend time examining the various coaches you look at. If there are any Newell Owners near you, you might see about taking a walk through and talk to some other owners . If you have questions just ask. Lurk on this forum, ask questions - no questions are dumb - someone on here will have the answer or advice you seek and will be happy to help you. And if you find one at a RV Dealer don't take the salesman's word as authority - a high percentage of the time, they do not really know as much as they should and you get bad advice. Just don't get in a rush and be realistic.