PDA

View Full Version : Go Green while traveling in your Newell Coach? Maybe a ZERO Motorcycle is in order?

Neweller
10-11-2012, 04:44 AM
If you are ever considering an electric motorcycle, here is a brand I have ridden and it was pretty impressive. It's called a Zero Motorcycle and the New 2013's have received quite a few upgrades and changes. When I rode a 2011 model, I became a believer in what a electric motorcycle can be, these new babies are pretty impressive and with 95% recharge rate in like an hour. That is pretty incredible.

I don't all the current green incentives going on right now as I was up on them last year. A friend had bought one of their previous street models using a Colorado and Federal rebate/tax incentives which cut ownership in about half. He is now looking as the new model like any other big boy who likes his toys. :thumbsup:

So, go green buy one for you and the wife! Let me know how it works out.:thumbup:

Here is the factory website link, you can select the different models. (http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/2013/?utm_source=zero-db&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2013%2BUS%2BLaunch%2BEmail)

express1
10-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Me Likey! Any sound effects?

Texas Pete
10-11-2012, 01:39 PM
One of those would be meaner than the dickens. I like em too! How long do they run on a charge? It would even be better with those rebates you mentioned. Texas has been pushing some incentives on the green stuff.

Neweller
10-11-2012, 06:50 PM
One of those would be meaner than the dickens. I like em too! How long do they run on a charge? It would even be better with those rebates you mentioned. Texas has been pushing some incentives on the green stuff.

On the 2012 Zero motorcycles, the range is about 114 miles at a estimated cost of .01 or a penny per mile. The estimated battery life is 308,000 miles. Now that's incredible!

The 2013 Zero is supposed to have been improved even further. Another incredible aspect of these units is how light weight they are for having batteries.

Matt, they are actually pretty quite, you can hear them cruising by but not like a gasser. Some guys will not give up on the gas bikes, just because they want some noise.

Randy J
10-11-2012, 10:05 PM
That's a smokin cool ride! :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/UUO3L26vueI

Neweller
01-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Here is the latest "PROMO" on Zero Motorcycles. They are giving an automatic $2500.00 trade-in for any gas bike brought in on new 2012 model. They are stating the 10% federal tax credit is back. So, there can be some savings for anyone interested. Up until 2011 you could walk the door in states like Colorado in one of these bikes for less than half the price when there was a federal and state credit. A friend whom is solar installer over there, bought two through that deal and really likes them.

Here's the Link: ZERO MOTORCYCLES || CASH FOR CARBON (http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/promo/cash-for-carbon.php?utm_source=zero-db&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Cash%2BFor%2BCarbon%2BEmail)