PDA

View Full Version : Motor Home CB Question

Newell Boss
10-14-2012, 05:06 AM
Okay, so I have a CB....I can't find any conversation however....what are the popular channels. I know it works, because we took a trip with a friend, and we were on Chanel 14 and had no trouble communicating...since that trip, I found some Spanish speakers on Chanel 5 once, but that's it?

prairieschooner
10-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Breaker breaker one nine (19)

86loco
10-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Like Prairieschooner mentioned, try channel 19 it is probably the busiest channel on the planet. It is considered the unofficial trucker channel.

Channel 09 is the FCC official emergency channel. They have police monitor this channel 24/7 throughout the United States. If you have reception you should be able to get someone on this channel.

NewellCrazy
10-14-2012, 06:35 PM
There is, unfortunately, no popular channel for RV'ers to frequent on the CB bands.

I pretty well use the CB when I see problems developing in the traffic and then I tune in the Trucker's Channel 19 to find out what and where the problem is and what are the escape routes around it. (Watch the vivid language if you have small ones on board)

I will also use it to get help on the rare occasions where my cell phone is out of range.

GringoPhil
10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Channel 19 and 17 is the truckers channels. road info and most times some salty talk. Chan 13 is the RV channel. other RV folks. channel 9 is the emergency channel.

out on the road it will be hit or miss on other channels than these...

Newellin Thunder
10-14-2012, 06:43 PM
There does not seem to be any effort to have a RV channel. Years ago, there was a move to have channel 13 to be this, but it pretty much failed. If you don't want to be bothered, by the CB, just put it on 13.

NEWELLWIZARD
10-14-2012, 09:29 PM
If there was one it would be nice!