PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Bluebird Wanderlodge for sale

Baker
10-16-2012, 10:01 PM
1978 Bluebird Wanderlodge RV caterpillar 3208 Turbo diesel allison automatic in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-Bluebird-Wanderlodge-RV-caterpillar-3208-Turbo-diesel-allison-automatic-/140868044988?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item20cc63c8bc#v4-42)

This Bluebird is pretty rough! It looks like it has particle board? Did Newell ever use particle board in their older coaches?

Neweller
10-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Looks like a total restoration project. I would say it's pretty rough and it does look like particleboard in the back bedroom cabinetry. The only place I have ever seen any particle board on a Newell Coach was as an underlayment for the laminate countertop. Not sure if that is the same with the Wanderlodge or not? The Wanderlodge on ebay looks like the particleboard goes down the backside of the cabinet as well.

Raymond N Priscilla Miller
10-16-2012, 10:47 PM
:blink: I don't even know if that's worth a restoration? :ahhhhh:I SEE mold! Maybe gut it all out and start fresh? Whoever purchases will have a project on their hands! It was neglected for sure!

stewart33
10-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Now that's a coach that needs a little more than some TLC....

The Newell
10-16-2012, 11:59 PM
:blink: I don't even know if that's worth a restoration? :ahhhhh:I SEE mold! Maybe gut it all out and start fresh? Whoever purchases will have a project on their hands! It was neglected for sure!

I agree, I don't think its worth a restoration myself.

prairieschooner
10-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Hey, its a Bird. For a few grand a guy could spend some time and have something.

Neweller
10-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Hey, its a Bird. For a few grand a guy could spend some time and have something.

Steve, your probably right. As long as it doesn't have rust everywhere, somebody will surely pick it up and go through it. At least it is already a motorhome, It would be much less work than a complete conversion. I just never cared for the boxed nose look on them. I remember a decade ago when I picked up my first Newell, the bird next to my Newell at the dealers place was like another $10k more money and around the same year. I liked some of the features on the inside and the roof top seemed cool, just didn't care for the front all that much. But to eaches own, right?

"Somehow we need to keep the old Newell's, Bird's, Barth's etc. on the road or at the rate of non and low production they will dry up and that's all she wrote!" My new personal quote.

speedingsport
10-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Needs lots of work but has potential for someone who wants a project. I wonder what someone will be willing to pay for it.

NewellCrazy
10-17-2012, 02:51 AM
More of a project than I would want but to each their own and I'm sure some one will purchase that bird fixer up and for the money invested would have a nice coach.

1993Newell
10-17-2012, 03:15 PM
No bids yet! Someone will either buy it for the engine and parts. Or it would have to be a special buyer who wants a big project!

Cheri Smith
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
It needs the whole interior redone.

So replacing or upgrading the flooring because that carpet needs to go, reupholstering or replacing the furniture would need to be done too, the ceiling needs fixing, upgrading all window treatments would probably be a good idea, painting or wallpapering the walls is a must, The counters? new ones are needed, who knows about the cabinets, the stove that's a lot of rust to me it wouldn't be worth cleaning up - needs to be replaced, No bed? that's probably a good thing, someone would want to purchase a new one of those. The dinette table doesn't look bad. The exterior has some rust and it would need a new step. The batteries look new and the tires don't look bad. Mechanically who knows what it would need.

I don't know guys it needs a whole lot of work. Our Newell was nothing near this bad of shape when we got it. Thank God for that! If someone got it for the right price and wanted a project then I guess the more power to them!

So what's everyone's estimate? What would it really cost to make this coach liveable?

bigcatwally
10-17-2012, 07:35 PM
I have restored some rough classic cars. Our Newell wasn't in the best of shape but it wasn't like this bluebird either. A friend of mine might like this coach he likes projects, he's restored several Airstreams and they were in rough rough shape. But when he was done they were stunning! Never would have known they were the same trailers. He sold them and made good money off them too.

Baker
11-02-2012, 08:59 PM
It looks like the Bluebird sold!

Winning bid:
$3,450.00