PDA

View Full Version : Newell Coach #425 a 1996 is now retired from service. It was lost to a fire.

Neweller
10-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Unfortunately Newell Coach Number 425 has been lost to a fire that had started in the rear section of the coach.

This coach is currently being parted out and will soon be completely recycled. Most of the salvageable interior will be used in an Eagle bus conversion. The complete booth/nook, couch, two salon chairs and both front captains will be used for this purpose. The bus company salvaging it, is seriously considering using the rest of the galley area as well.

Goodbye our friend #425.:(

Gone Busing
10-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Wow Ken, that really is a sad note. Number 425 is only a couple numbers away from a Newell Coach we had recently taken a peak at.

stewart33
10-20-2012, 02:30 AM
RIP Newell Coach #425 :crying:

So I guess this means when the person who is taking the insides of the Newell to put into an Eagle when in it they'll think they were in a Newell! :laugh:

Neweller
10-20-2012, 04:22 AM
RIP Newell Coach #425 :crying:

So I guess this means when the person who is taking the insides of the Newell to put into an Eagle when in it they'll think they were in a Newell! :laugh:

You took the thoughts out of my mind. That is exactly what I had said to the folks with me on the day we checked it. The gentlemen using the parts kind of joked saying that he didn't know if you will like all that heavy furniture in his coach. :o We had given him a hand moving the heavy coffee table into the Eagle. Being heavy will help it stay put in transit. From the kitchen forward is saveable other than some smoke damage which I believe will clean up. I repaired an old 1959 Gillig bus conversion that had an engine fire back in the late 80's and I had great success getting rid of the smoke smell.

W. Mark Hellinger
11-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Ken:

I own coach 426. I'd be real interested in any salvagable spare parts possibly available... not that there's anything I can think of that I need right now... but I'd stash the spare parts in the barn for possible future needs... I'm expecting on keeping 426 probably from here on-out.

Neweller
11-11-2012, 01:21 AM
I sent you the list of most of them.

Maxwell55
12-16-2012, 04:51 PM
good idea to have this section.

bosshog46
12-23-2012, 12:59 PM
So sad...ours is Coach 424! What caused the fire? :-(

1993Newell
12-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Its sad to see a 1996 Newell Coach no longer on the road. Anyone know how the fire started?

Neweller
12-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi bosshog46 and welcome to LuxuryCoachLifestyle.com! Their has been a little communication with the previous owners whom had not been really using the coach. From my understanding, the coach was in a location away from the owners home, hooked up and the fire started somewhere near the bedroom or below in maybe the battery compartment area. Sounds like it must have been electrical related. My first thoughts was it might be from the Aquahot, but that system was salvaged and sold. The whole back end was burnt and melted down to the most of the rear tires. The engine was salvageable but everything around it was fried. I have a bunch of exterior and interior pictures I could share if anyone is interested. I Posted a couple of the exterior ones at this link HERE: http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/rving-safely/3615-how-does-newell-coach-fair-against-other-motorhomes-fire.html

Yachts
01-29-2013, 04:49 AM
I don't remember my coach number, it may have been 425 or 427..... It was originally Sammy Keyshaw and lorie Morgan's tour bus.. It originally was all black but had a new paint job put on in 2002. Had off white with purple gold and black graphics.... Hope that wasn't the bus... I have a kid from that bus....

Ron Skeen
01-29-2013, 01:09 PM
The coach is number 422. I purchased it Oct 2005 and still enjoying enjoying today. I have done extensive upgrade and use the coach a lot. I can send pictures of what it look like today. The coach is in excellent shape to day.

Ron

Yachts
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Yep that's her.. Looks like the data storm and in motion tv may have been removed.. Send me some pics.. Mnewman@1stcapitalok.com..she looks awesome

jWolfe
01-29-2013, 01:46 PM
I've seen that coach in the Newellshowcase here - NewellShowcase.com Newell Coach Photo Gallery, Newell Coach Photo Showcase, Newell Motorhome Photos, Newell RV Photos, Newell Photo Gallery - 1996 Newell Coach Album 6 (http://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=167) It's a beauty. Ron I'd like to see more photos myself if you'd be willing to post them here in the forum that would be great.

rush1
04-07-2013, 09:43 PM
What happened to the basement ac units ? any for sale ?

Neweller
04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Some of that was saved. I'll check and find out for you and report back.